LiE's Log Part 2

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
My right hip flexor isn't feeling great. Quite sore from the training recently. I've rolled it a couple times and it feels so amazing but also so bad. Shall I just hold off the leg work for the rest of this week and keep rolling it?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Looks like I need to increase the eating...

IMG_0406_zps1e8f4109.jpg

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
I guess that's a good sign. Is that from screwing your feet in or from the glute med work?

I wish my weight would drop like that without having to drop so much food!

It's bad actually, it's sore from being hurt.

Also my bicep insertion near the elbow/outer forearm is getting tender from squats. I presume this is down to tight pecs loading up my arms?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Yea I'm pretty sure it's down to tighness in the pec/shoulder. My internal rotation is pretty good in my shoulders so I'm thinking it's likely my pecs.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
1. Grip the bar hard.
2. Pinch your shoulders back and keep it tight.
3. Hold your breath as your bring the bar down and breath out as you lock the rep out at the top.

:)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Was limited with what I could do with my hip flexor and bicep playing up, but a good session nonetheless.

Paused RDL
Bar
60x8
80x6
90x7
100x6
120x2 - lol grip died.

OHP
Bar
40x10
60x7
60x7

Facepulls
20x12 x3
20x10

Then spent a good 20 minutes smashing my chest and shoulder mobility.

Need to do some pulling exercises later in the week if my bicep is game.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Yea it's pretty good, I make sure I don't have any shoulder rolling forward going on when testing or when doing any of the internal rotation stretches.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
but then thinking about it, I still find it really hard to get my wrists straight on the bar when squatting so something still massively tight. I'm thinking it's my pecs because I've been hammering my internal rotation for quite a while now.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
You'll notice a big difference making sure the shoulders are pinned back and the upper back is tight. It creates a more solid base to push from.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
I need to find a stick or bar to do some external rotation stuff. Do you have any videos to other stuff that doesn't involved holding a bar?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Yes.

LiE, there are some vids in the OP to the mobility thread. If you want moar then bump it up and I'll find some more specific ones (I can't remember which ones I included).

Scap pinched dislocations are good too.

I'll take a look thanks.

Edit: This looks good - http://www.ericcressey.com/shoulder-mobility-drills-how-to-improve-external-rotation

you mean eating breakfast at breakfast time instead of at 10am!!! :p:D

9am actually ;)

Hip flexor is slowly getting better after working on it with the foam roller. Should mean I can do single leg work tomorrow but no squatting. Shouldn't affect my deadlifts tonight and my bicep feels fine now so I can do some pulling.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Deads
80x8 - RDL
100x7 - RDL
120x3
140x2
170x2
200x1
230x3 - (92% of my RM) This is my current 3RM. I was a bit fatigued going into the set from Tuesday RDLs. Not that pleased with how they look, but they felt fine.

NG Chins

1 Arm Standing Cable Rows
(per arm)
17.5x10 x3 - nice strict rows with scap pinch.

Glute med band work
- ridiculous burn while looking like a girl.

Then I did these 2.
http://www.mobilitywod.com/2010/09/free-your-scap-free-your-mind.html
Pec was massively limiting ROM on the first segment, so I'm going to do my pec first next time. Also have a very tight area under my right armpit at the back where the lat meets the rear delt (going to smash it with the lacrosse)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rjaJvBKS94
Pain face.

Need to work on a few things to smooth out dat form.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
I think the tight area under my arm is actually skin/stretch mark that's hurting a little. It's a different feeling to anything muscular. Touching the skin I can feel the burning there as the skin is a little tender. Strange.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Spent today doing walk outs in the squat rack and also working on my shoulder tightness. Started by hitting the pecs with the lacrosse ball, then got under the bar, no go. Shoulders needed hitting. Stretched internal rotation and got back under the bar, much better, but not perfect. I worked on some more stretches and did a little soft tissue work on the front delts but I was still missing a piece.

My left elbow/bicep started to get sore towards the end due to the tightness. I'm convinced it's my external rotation now, so I'm going to hit that hard next time and I should be on track. Need to find a good selection of mobility for external shoulder rotation that don't involved holding a stick (don't have access to one).

The walkouts. I started at 100kg and worked up to 210kg, 2 walkouts at each weight. Focusing on really controlling the bar and being pure tightness. I held the weight for 5-6s then returned it. The effort required to hold weight above 190 is quite a lot. Going to keep doing these until they are more comfortable. Having full range in my shoulders will help a lot.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Thanks ice, the 3rd video looks good. I did the 3 pieces in the 2nd video yesterday which were good, going to keep doing those. I think I'll be able to the first video at home on lying on the floor with a broom handle.

Back
Top Bottom