LiE's Log Part 2

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Tonight's session was so much harder than it should've been. I don't normally do deadlifts on a Tuesday, maybe there's a reason. Couldn't get my grove and was bloody tired throughout (nothing like blowing your nose between sets either).

Anyway, enough of the excuses. Missed the PB by 1 rep, but confident I can get it next week.

Deads
80x10
110x6
140x4
170x2
190x1
225x4 - 5kg more than last week, but I managed 5 last time. I was tired going into the set, I think you can tell.

DB Rows
50x12/12 x3
Dug deep to hit the required reps

Chins
My biceps were already finished from the rows so these were lol

fuark hex plates!!

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
I'm not sure I could muster much for a mock meet unless I take the rest of the week off. I guess the point of the mock meet isn't to really lift my best but to get a feel for competing? Screw, let's do it. I'll take it easy the rest of the week and recover as much as I can for Saturday.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Yea sounds like a plan. I don't really want to try and pull near my max for deads so soon. I haven't really tested to see where I can get my squat so it could be interesting. Shall I put some numbers together for my lifts then?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
I went to the gym tonight with the aim of doing some light squatting, trying to screw my feet into the floor and stabilise my knees. It went well, but I soon found myself moving up in weight to see how it carried over to the heavier stuff. Power was a little lacking due to raping my PC yesterday doing deads, but overall I think it went really well (check the videos).

Squats
60x8
80x8
100x6
100x6
120x4
120x3
140x3
140x3
160x2
180x2

Actually did quite a bit! Finished off with lots of stretching.

The 160 the knees don't look too bad.
I am finding it tricky getting my feet setup properly

180 things start to break.
No idea what happened when I unracked...

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Mock meet today and it was a great experience. Very tough but massively rewarding.

Squat

180x1
190x1
200xf
200x1

Bench
140x1
150x1
155xf

Deads
200x1
220x1
240x1

Got some stuff to work on with my squat and some tweaks to my bench.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
OK so recap, here are some things I need to work on.

Bench Press
- Work on lowering the weight quicker to stop fatigue.
- Paused reps to include a more pronounced hold at the top before commencing with the lift.

Squat
- Walk out/unrack needs working on with heavy singles. Do some overload unrack/walk outs and really own the bar.
- Medial glutes need work. Do some band work as well as some single leg work (BSS, Reverse Lunges with db offblanace)
- Really explode through at the top of the rep.

Deadlifts
- Medial glutes as above to help keep knees from going in.
- More powar :p

Work on my external rotation.
http://www.mobilitywod.com/2011/02/episode-165-hip-external-rotation.html
http://www.mobilitywod.com/2011/06/episode-260-positional-inhibition-and-hip-external-rotation.html

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
You're ridiculous LiE - genetic freakazoid for sure. Definitely a lot of natural ability there. Not a big mass carrier (i.e. you're lean) but hugely strong - icecold and you are both really well within the top percentile of the country for your weights I reckon. Fantastic stuff.

Thanks mate, appreciate your kind words :)
I'm really enjoying my training these days and taking things as they come.

If the bar ain't bending you're just pretending ;)

A lot of great lifting going on in this log, nicely done LiE :D

Cheers buddy.

ye..i understand that. But no formal comp means no added pressure, nerves, judges etc. Notr sure that how that affect things..as Ive never done it:o but believ it can.

ye..they must be youd think! Some awsome lifting

Yea no doubt it will be totally different at the comp in feb. Hopefully I can increase my numbers some more and really nail some areas I need to work on.

Did some soft tissue work this evening on my legs, felt so good and so bad.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Your back seems to lose tightness/position at your knee. This isn't necessarily a back strength thing (it could actually be your legs), but what ever it is you seem to compensate well and keep the bar moving well. Your slightly kyphotic set up allows you to be faster off the floor than if you were flat backed, and then the fact that your back is strong as **** gets your past your knees.

You think this is down to my medial glute weakness?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Perfect! Order black and blue.
I'm going to double up my red band until they come. Now I have to get on with the girly exercises :p

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Yea no doubt my legs are the weak link, I'm not gonna lie I didn't train them much when I first set foot in the gym. I'm now playing catch up.

Single leg work I'm planning to do BSS and offset reverse lunges. Then I've got a host of band stuff to work on my medial glutes. I'll do some step ups too, I'm just not sure I'm the best person to gauge how good my knee position is. The knee will go to the side and remain over mid foot in all my single leg work.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Still fatigued from Saturday I manned up and did some bench and legs. FUUUU it was hard.

Paused Bench
Bar
Bar
60x6
80x5
100x3
120x5 - taxing with the added 2s hold at the top. Worked on bringing the bar down quicker too.
120x5 - Managed it!
Adding in the hold at the top definitely fatigues me quicker so going to keep that going.

Squat
Bar - getting my hands on the bar was harder after bench.
60x6
90x5
100x5
120x5
120x5
140x2
Keeping it light and working on screwing my feet into the floor and exploded at the top. Towards the end I decreased my feet turn out which seems to help (see video)

Offset Reserve Lunges (per leg)
8x10
16x8 - wow that tension/effort needed to stabilise was quite a lot.
16x8 - knee starting to waver now.

DBSS (per leg)
BWx10 x3
Stayed with BW as I was really tired now, and focused on creating tension and keeping it tight. The burn was immense.

Glute Med work - X-band walks and Clams
fuark the burn was crazy. I was actually wobbly standing up after these!

This is my 120 set with my feet turned out less. Not sure what happened to my left knee on the last rep.

Was pretty tired after this but just wanted to see how 140 felt with less feet turn out and screwing my feet.

Ultimately I think I'm not going to fix this until my glute medial is bought up to scratch.

I was sure we got one of the benches.

Possibly I was distracted by the Ameribro trying to keep up with you...

That guy :eek: apparently he'd blown his rotator cuff at some point, no idea how he did that :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom