LiE's Log Part 2

Associate
Yeah joints tend to be fine as long as soft tissue and form criteria are met, that is unless there is a great deal of trauma to an area of course.

Looking forward to seeing the outcome from that bench comp LiE, should be a good laugh :p.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Maann! deadlifts were hard tonight. I blame deadlifts on Saturday and tasty squat triples on Wednesday ;)

Deads
50x8 - rdl
70x8 - rdl
100x6
140x4
160x2
195x4 - seems I can't count to 5...
195x5
195x5 - these are really taking it out of me, definitely the right time for a deload
195x5 - didn't do a 5th set, all kinds of fatigue!

DB Rows
49x10/6 - biceps were not playing ball, think they must have been loaded during squats and not recovered.

Wide pull ups

Band Face pulls x lots - tasty

Man of Honour
Sounds good. I think I'm going to do almost nothing in my deload, that's certainly what my physio wants me to do. But then he actually wants me to take 2 weeks off, which is definitely not happening.

Be careful with dem bis, heavy benching seems to accumulate some snaps in them for some people.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Yep I can certainly feel some bicep on them heavy benches.. it's there more when I'm tired. Got to keep them snaps in check. Plenty of stretches and smashing.

Man of Honour
Next light low consequence bench set, try a teeny tiny bit of shrug as the LAST part of your set up and throughout the set. Sometimes the a lack of supraspinatus activation (basically just under trap) can result in your biceps trying to take up some slack and stabilise your shoulder.

If it is this, a deload will also help. Get some sort of massage/soft tissue along the top edge of your scap too.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
I'll give it ago during the deload next week.

Here's what I've planned for my bench press prep, my other training days will be normal, except I may take it easier the week leading up to the comp.

Week 1 - deload
Week 2 - Triples
Week 3 - Heavy singles - no fatigue on chest assistance
Week 4 comp - 90% doubles - no chest assistance

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
:)

Deload tonight and did lots of squats. Decided to remove the mirror and see how I got on. At first it wasn't going well, I couldn't feel depth at all so each rep felt different. Towards the end I found my normal form, I just had to sit into my hips more until I get my usual feeling there. Very useful training session.

Finished off with lots of BW DBSS.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Chest deload tonight, hit 82.5x28 for fun. Done some super long pauses on paused bench 90x5x3. Got a full back massage booked in for Tuesday next week, should be good on the upper back/shoulders.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom