Lila Connect - VX Fibre 1gig - Stoke on Trent

Associate
Hi I had lila connected Friday 29th September in the Blurton area. Connected downstairs and covers most of the house except upstairs office. This is linked to downstairs so just plugged a ethernet spliitter and connected my pc and a Tp link router into it. No more than that and it works great. If you use a splitter ensure it is capable of 1gig plus as the old ones and older routers only do 100mps. The Lila router is top quality, plugged my Vonage phone in no bother. I have been able t to cancel VM because of their contract changes without penalty.
So far brilliant, consistent high readings around 1gig
Got my invite to book for install today in Stoke on Trent (ST3):D
I'm in ST3 and it's better than VM, wifi reaches entire house with lila

Associate
I'm in Blurton near Bargain Booze and my Lila gets every room plus garage and shed from the downstairs front room.
Drubbery Lane with thick engineering brick walls. VM wifi didn't get out of the upstairs office so had the house wired with ethernet. VM was upstairs so fed a separate router downstairs. Now the reverse happens. Absolutely delighted to see the back of the VM monopoly who are only interested in new customers.

Man of Honour
Drubbery Lane with thick engineering brick walls. VM wifi didn't get out of the upstairs office so had the house wired with ethernet. VM was upstairs so fed a separate router downstairs. Now the reverse happens. Absolutely delighted to see the back of the VM monopoly who are only interested in new customers.

My drummer was born in Drubbery Lane and he'll be there now with his parents because my band is playing at The Cuckoo tonight.

You can read my VM pain on here in different threads.
I have been with them from the NTL days in 1997 and I've been on the phone with them for hours trying to secure a deal that new customers get but they wouldn't have it.
Eventually gave my notice and all of a sudden they can give me the same deal as Lila.
Funny thing is I had it fitted in April and only took my VM TIVO and Router out yesterday and put them in the shed just in case VM try it on.

Associate
My drummer was born in Drubbery Lane and he'll be there now with his parents because my band is playing at The Cuckoo tonight.

You can read my VM pain on here in different threads.
I have been with them from the NTL days in 1997 and I've been on the phone with them for hours trying to secure a deal that new customers get but they wouldn't have it.
Eventually gave my notice and all of a sudden they can give me the same deal as Lila.
Funny thing is I had it fitted in April and only took my VM TIVO and Router out yesterday and put them in the shed just in case VM try it on.
Same here, ex NTL just before Lila gave me a connection date I spent 4 hours speaking to 6 people because I had ported the phone and they wanted to charge £16 a month more! Offered different packages only for me to find they had lied Thankfully I got a date from Lila and gave them 60 days notice to be told I could only give 30, told them to check and they agreed I was right. They don't even know their own contract terms their deadline to avoid penalty early disconnection terms was 25th October because of their VOIP phone change and contract change. My notice finishes 21st.Needed it to cover Lila connection, delighted with result.

Last edited:
Associate
When i signed up Feb, i bagged 7 months free lila due to my VM contract not expiring until Sept.. Now I've just had my first bill,,, err, WTF happened to my free 7 months...

Man of Honour
Just this second received an email off them -

Dear David
Over the weekend, an unforeseen issue with our automatic mailing system created an error whereby all customers who have previously contacted our customer service team via email received an automated email advising we would be in touch regarding their contact.

This was a system error, if you have not had to contact us, we will not need to be in touch. Please feel free to ignore this email.

For all customers who have an open query with us, our customer service team will respond directly in due course.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind Regards,
The LilaConnect Team

Associate
You need to contact them, I got 4 months free and I did get it.
My mate got 11 months and he's still on his free Lila.
I've dropped them an email, the original email i sent to their onboarding team, and the guy who signed me up, and their help@lila too.. Ah yeah i saw that when i logged on to my account.

Associate
Had mine installed today! Just plugged my UDM Pro into there box and it just worked no need to change any settings. Current have Lilliconnect and my virgin server teamed together and downloading at over 192mb/s from usenet :D

Associate
You need to contact them, I got 4 months free and I did get it.
My mate got 11 months and he's still on his free Lila.
I checked with them when I received that email to check my contract and they confirmed I had 12 months free. That was what I was offered back in February so was expecting just the 5 months remaining since then! Chuffed to say the least

Soldato
Had my first outage today at 11 this morning.

So far quite impressed. Phoned up and got straight through to support.

Quick troubleshoot confirmed I needed second line support, said they'd be in touch.

Within 5 minutes had a call and they said it's going to get escalated again.

Team arrived at 14:30 checking the connection at house and box and now determined fault is downstream and headed out to check that.

No idea if I'll have Internet in the next hour or next 6 months but first impressions are pretty good!

Annnnd I'm back at 15:15 - Someone messed up cabinet accidentally so all good.

Last edited:
Associate

Quick troubleshoot confirmed I needed second line support, said they'd be in touch.

Team arrived at 14:30 checking the connection at house and box and now determined fault is downstream and headed out to check that.

No idea if I'll have Internet in the next hour or next 6 months but first impressions are pretty good!

Interesting difference between them and VM, last time I rang VM it was a 4 hour call and 6 different people. Strangely since giving notice they find they are able to offer me d deals around £30 per month instead of in the £70 bracket, wonder why? Thus far I am impressed with Lila and as I'm on a 12 month free deal cant think of anything to moan about.

Soldato
Interesting difference between them and VM, last time I rang VM it was a 4 hour call and 6 different people. Strangely since giving notice they find they are able to offer me d deals around £30 per month instead of in the £70 bracket, wonder why? Thus far I am impressed with Lila and as I'm on a 12 month free deal cant think of anything to moan about.
Absolutely. With VM I'd have been shouting at someone and not heard anything for a few weeks with multiple call backs going through troubleshooting steps every single call.

Associate
Finally free of Virgin Media, recieved the final bill of £0 today. Looking forward to 12 months free with Lila Connect. Speeds fine and no problems, also Vonage at £16 per month covering all none premium calls and mobile calls. Freeview and streaming access, allinstead of the £73 per month and rising. Happy days!

Man of Honour
Finally free of Virgin Media, recieved the final bill of £0 today. Looking forward to 12 months free with Lila Connect. Speeds fine and no problems, also Vonage at £16 per month covering all none premium calls and mobile calls. Freeview and streaming access, allinstead of the £73 per month and rising. Happy days!

We deleted our Direct Debit as soon as they took the last payment, I then got an email saying they owed us £8 but they couldn't send it.
We decided to not bother taking it because they could start taking money again and guess what? They sent an email saying we owed more money and then I had to explain we had finished with them.

Back
Top Bottom