Lilyhammer - Netflix

Underboss
This just popped up on my iPad

imdb linky

Sil from The Sopranos takes witness protection in Norway.

Watched the first couple of episodes, funny so far, it's an interesting concept. Don't expect "The Sopranos on ice" - it's more of a comedy.

2 Series available on UK Netflix.

Josh

Soldato
Started watching lilyhammer after breaking bad (was late to it), I'm up to s01e08 and got to say it's really good. Light hearted, humorous with the occasional dark moment, it's nicely paced and has that "lets watch one more episode" thing.

It's a really unusual mix but works well and all the main characters are likeable, gets the thumbs up from me :)

Soldato
Watched the first episode and, while not entirely bad, I didn't really get it. Is it worth sticking with?

Caporegime
It does get better, I was a bit iffy about it after the first couple of episodes but if you take it for what it is then it's actually pretty entertaining. My initial problem with it was I just didn't think Van Zandt worked very well as a comedy character after watching him for so many years in The Sopranos but the more I watched, the more I was sucked in. :)

Associate
Started watching lilyhammer after breaking bad (was late to it), I'm up to s01e08 and got to say it's really good. Light hearted, humorous with the occasional dark moment, it's nicely paced and has that "lets watch one more episode" thing.

It's a really unusual mix but works well and all the main characters are likeable, gets the thumbs up from me :)

I just watched Breaking Bad too so interested since it seemed to compare ok.

Soldato
I just watched Breaking Bad too so interested since it seemed to compare ok.

Don't get me wrong it's no Breaking Bad but what is! You'll need to get 3 episodes under your belt before you settle in to the pace of the show but once you do it's very enjoyable, it's also got a feel good factor about it which sounds strange given the premise but it works :)

Man of Honour
I'm enjoying it. It's a strange balance between comedy and drama and not going to change my world but very good.

I had no idea the actor is in Bruce Springsteen's band.

Associate
so much to watch on Netflix, currently blitzing my way through Prison Break ( wifes choice, think I know why :) ) . Just not enough time to watch what I want.

Back
Top Bottom