Lilyhammer - Netflix

Soldato
Just did a marathon sitting and watched all three series. 9/10 from me. I really didn't think I'd like it after watching the first couple of episodes, but it kept getting better and better.

A big thumbs up from me :D shame there's no season 4 :(

Caporegime
Oh man I am now on the second season and absolutely loving this... just got to the episode where the Nigerian chef sings opera and it's just so funny, and unlike anything else I have ever seen.

It took real guts to go with a concept like this, and it really works. Bummer to read no season 4 though. :(

Soldato
It really is great isn't it! :D each character is so well written. (Duncan hammer/Paul kaye is hilarious!) I was hoping for a season four.. But it looks doubtful. :(

I watched this before the sopranos.. And i was shocked to find out Johnny is Silvio in the sopranos :D I feel like I've been living under a rock :p

Soldato
It really is great isn't it! :D each character is so well written. (Duncan hammer/Paul kaye is hilarious!) I was hoping for a season four.. But it looks doubtful. :(

I watched this before the sopranos.. And i was shocked to find out Johnny is Silvio in the sopranos :D I feel like I've been living under a rock :p
He's also Bruce Springsteen's guitarist!

Where has everyone got no 4th season from? It's not announced, but it was months between the end of 2 and 3 being announced

Soldato
Really? Wow. You learn something new everyday :) is that why Bruce features in lilyhammer?

They certainly left it open for a 4th season where the 3rd left off, that's for sure. I'm hoping there is another season. :D

Caporegime
Ok I have just finished it all today, and I am very annoyed about how the last couple of episodes were done.

There was absolutely no need to have Ingrid have to kill the milk-sucker in the bath... that was one of the most pointlessly gratuitous things they could have done, and it didn't even really fit with anything else going on. Not once in the final episode was there any further mention of it and I just can't understand why they thought that necessary.

Also, the writing and acting in general for the last couple of episodes was just sloppy... it felt like they were just almost rush-writing stupid stuff in for the sake of it without worrying about the previous vibe or continuity of the show. Johnny was a risible character and his crew were just ridiculous, but not in a way where I could suspend disbelief. It was a rubbish story arc, especially with the lame Brazilian girl coming back after Roar's brief acting stint.

Ending the entire season with Torgeir having another vision of the criminal was just grossly overdone and completely unnecessary... I am all for bad things happening to people if it adds to a story, but that just wasn't done in a way I could appreciate after all the stuff he had been through and at the dawn of a new start to his life, and if they don't make another series then it was a poor and unsatisfying way for it to wave goodbye imo.

I did love Jan... what an amazing character and so superbly acted.

I really hope they do a season 4...

Last edited:
Soldato
I really enjoyed Lilyhammer, just started Norsemen on Netflix and after watching for about 20 mins I checked the IMDB and realised why so many of the faces looked so familiar - loads of them were in Lilyhammer!

Soldato
Norseman is one of the finest pieces of comedy I've seen for years :D, even more special when you consider they filmed everything twice, once in Norwegian and then again in English. I love the juxtaposition of old Viking lifestyle placed on modern Scandinavian values, absolute class :)

Associate
Norseman is one of the finest pieces of comedy I've seen for years :D, even more special when you consider they filmed everything twice, once in Norwegian and then again in English. I love the juxtaposition of old Viking lifestyle placed on modern Scandinavian values, absolute class :)

Nice one, just watched the trailer, looks good, will add to my watch list.

Back
Top Bottom