Limit Theory: An Infinite, Procedural Space Game

Man of Honour
The new update looks great. Its coming along nicely. I remeber a few updates ago, it looked pretty rubbish, now its looking far better than a few boxs slung together.

Last edited:
Soldato
Been watching the vids on and off, it looks great surely nicer than x rebirth visuals at least imo, nice and neutral colors, space looks like space, the ship flys and fires really nicely etc.

Just saw a demo on the site, might try it one day soon.

The editor in the new vid looks cool but complicated or could be as you get further in. The research tree looks canny but again very graphical and could maybe look a bit better function wise i think.

Edit - ah its just a patch not the actual playable thing on the website atm. :(

Associate

Update 11 up - talks about AI and you guessed it, gets excited about the UI again! Got to say I do love the node based interface for the star map, visually intuitive while still allowing you to drill down based on region names.

Associate
So this is still looking superb.

Update 16 released a few days ago:

It's really coming along, and Josh Parnell seems one of the smartest guys going - got a lot of respect for him. He still posts daily updates on the forum too.

Glad I backed this one :)

Associate
Update 20 released, quite long but it has a lot of interesting stuff in it. I really want this to be good!

Last edited:
Soldato
He made nearly 4 times what he needed through Kickstarter. He doesnt need the money until release and the comments are already driving him mad...He definitely doesnt need more people chipping in on how he should make HIS game.

Associate
After the developer vanished for 3+ months, I had written LT off as yet another KS bust... but he has reappeared and explained his absence...

http://forums.ltheory.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4492

In February I began having some rather serious mental health issues, likely brought on by the mounting stress and ever-escalating work habits of the previous weeks and months, as well as two years of an unhealthily-narrow lifestyle. These issues at first impaired, and then virtually destroyed my ability to do most things effectively (and with it my efficacy in building LT, although on most days I still attempted to make progress). Only after three months did I finally recognize that I required medical help -- that something was seriously wrong. After returning home to my family and being diagnosed & treated (for about 1 month now), I'm feeling much, much better -- about like I felt two years ago: inspired, creative, far less 'possessed,' far less tense about everything, and generally a lot more capable of moving forward with LT. The radio silence was due to the fact that, throughout this period, I felt totally unable to face the things that mattered most to me (LT), largely because I wasn't capable of performing at the same level that had come to be my norm.

Back
Top Bottom