Linkin Park - Living Things (New Album)

Soldato
Another album from Linkin Park with a slightly different feel to it. I think I quite like it. I especially like the opener.

A few of the songs will need a few more listens. I had this same opinion of A Thousand Suns and I ended up really liking that!

I've put it onto my phone for another listen tomorrow at work! :)

Associate
Well just had the first listen.

Immediate thoughts:

What I got from this was that most songs passed me by in a cheap, electronic-fuzz buzz-rumble-synthy mess of sound.
It's got this tacky glaze of modern pop production plastered all over it. Hissy and rattling its way through track after track.

Even a Thousand Suns (which I really like) was a lot more diverse than this.

Victimised was terrible.

Until it Breaks is awful.

Castle of Glass was good.

Shinoda is back (or never really left) with his predictable way of 'rapping'

Guitars, erm, not many here boys! Even most of the drums sound programmed or electronicly produced to death.

So I'll give it a few more goes and see if it grows on me at all.

Soldato
I listened to Reanimation last night as I went to bed and the sound of that album is just amazing, really nothing else like it. Does anyone else like to listen to Reanimation from time to time? I hate anything else after Meteora.

Soldato
I listened to Reanimation last night as I went to bed and the sound of that album is just amazing, really nothing else like it. Does anyone else like to listen to Reanimation from time to time? I hate anything else after Meteora.

Runaway and in the end from that album are pure class, yes I like it!

Soldato

Listened to it today actually! :p

Still can't fully enjoy this new album... Just too electronic for my liking :(

Soldato
Okay, one week later and i'm turning slightly. I've decided what bothers me on this album - the horrible rapping on two of the tracks.

Take that away and it's alright. Still not as good as any of the others but acceptable.

Soldato
The album's growing on me, I know this because subconsciously I was humming / singing a few of the tracks on the album.

I know the band alienated a lot of the HT / Meteora fans out there but they have to experiment and develop their sound and not get stuck in the past.

To me LT has a lot of nods to the past sound as well as embracing the new sound of LP, it's a nice mix.

Reanimation is my second favourite LP album and IMHO is vastly underrated, I remember that when it came out, there were a fair few fans out there who didn't like heavy use of Hip Hop but to me it was awesome and the guest appearances on the album really gave it a good sound.

I don't gobble up everything that Linkin Park produce MTM was weak album and I hardly acknowledge it, but LT is a step in the right direction and I'm looking forward to seeing the band play some of the tracks when they make their way over to the UK.

Associate
OP
Well the share to earn thing has ended (As the albums out, lol)

And I came....... 18th, which gets me
The top 100 will get a hand-burned LIVING THINGS CD, signed and labeled by the band.

Really wanted a top 10 place but people weren't buying the album because they "didn't like the single" but as stoosh states it's a grower and i'm sure people will buy it after they the stream or radio plays.

And i can't wait to hear LT live it will be epic.

James

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Having listened through it several times, here are my thoughts (scored out of 5 per track):

1. "Lost in the Echo" - 5/5
2. "In My Remains" - 5/5
3. "Burn It Down" 4/5
4. "Lies Greed Misery" - 2/5
5. "I'll Be Gone" - 5/5
6. "Castle of Glass" - 5/5
7. "Victimized" - 1/5
8. "Roads Untraveled" - 4/5
9. "Skin to Bone" - 3/5
10. "Until It Breaks" - 2/5
11. "Tinfoil" - Instrumental and short so N/A
12. "Powerless" - 4/5

Couldn't think of a better way to represent what I thought to the album so that will do, anyone else similar?

Back
Top Bottom