Little Discoveries

Soldato
OP
Holy thread revival but today I learned that NAT can break Oracle. Didn't realise what was going on until I did a packet capture and found that Oracle likes embedding IPs into the payload (so, the NAT address instead of the real address!).

I'm still not sure what the guys did on the server side but there was no way I was redesigning the solution just to acommodate that! :eek:

Also learned that Shift + PGUP/PGDN pages up/down on SPLAT.

Associate
A few I've known for a while, but I find a lot of people still don't...

Ctrl+1 in excel brings up the format cells dialog.

Windows key + D minimises everything you have open.

And probably my favorite:
The automatic restart of your PC after windows updates have been installed can be disabled by:
Going to run, type gpedit.msc & hitting enter
Go to Computer Confirguration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update
Then enabling the item called "No auto-restart with logged on user for scheduled automatic updates installations"

Permabanned
Windows key + M does the same as windows + D

Windows + F = search
Windows + E = my computer
Windows + R = run

I went and tried them all...I'm sad :(

Last edited:
Soldato
The Google Drive app now allows editing for the iPad, shame it doesn't work with spreadsheets yet but it's a start.

A few I've known for a while, but I find a lot of people still don't...

Ctrl+1 in excel brings up the format cells dialog.

Windows key + D minimises everything you have open.

And probably my favorite:
The automatic restart of your PC after windows updates have been installed can be disabled by:
Going to run, type gpedit.msc & hitting enter
Go to Computer Confirguration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update
Then enabling the item called "No auto-restart with logged on user for scheduled automatic updates installations"

That last one is pretty handy for mission critical windows systems, I'll have to remember that one.

Back
Top Bottom