Liverpool fans labelled Europe's worst.

Soldato
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6717793.stm

Anyone seen this?

Love the way Uefa are completely blaiming us for the ticket problems at the CL Final, yet with a reasonable allocation instead of a poxy 17k the problems would have been virtually non-existent.

And what about Italian fans? The Roma incident was worse than anything else this season! :rolleyes:

Also what about people being able to get in with poxy leaflets? Is that our fault aswell? You can't balme people for trying it.

and just to expand, UEFA are largely rubbish and i do think have a degree of bias against english clubs. I'm also sure Liverpool aren't the worst fans in Europe i think the racism in some of the other leagues which is continually unpunished itself puts some fans far below the scouse.

I do think that there was obviously a problem with a lot of your fans at that ground though, at the end of the day they did go through the barricades, maybe UEFA should have had tighter security but no one forced people to deliberately con their way in.

Bit of a shame really and it's sensationalist for UEFA to come out with this but i know that quite a few liverpool supporters on other forums i frequent have said that there is an element of your support that are nonces. not necessarily more than any other club but your certainly not excluded from it either.

Uefa and their Teflon shoulders again :rolleyes:

That said, some of our fans were out of order in Athens as they were in istanbul apparently, but to get the tag as above its out of order, the amount of trouble other clubs have had around europe,for Uefa to single us out is a joke tbh :(

Anders0n said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6717793.stm

Anyone seen this?

Love the way Uefa are completely blaiming us for the ticket problems at the CL Final, yet with a reasonable allocation instead of a poxy 17k the problems would have been virtually non-existent.

And what about Italian fans? The Roma incident was worse than anything else this season! :rolleyes:

Also what about people being able to get in with poxy leaflets? Is that our fault aswell? You can't balme people for trying it.

Was it also UEFA's fault that Liverpool fans mugged other Liverpool fans for tickets?

And using the allocation as an excuse, that would explain why the same incidents happened with Milan fans. Oh wait, it didn't.

moody said:
Was it also UEFA's fault that Liverpool fans mugged other Liverpool fans for tickets?

And using the allocation as an excuse, that would explain why the same incidents happened with Milan fans. Oh wait, it didn't.
I'm not excusing some of our fans behavior. Those who stole tickets from other Liverpool fans should be shot. They're not real supporters.

Nothing happened with the Italian fans because there was about 10 of them there, they couldn't even sell all their allocation. Had it been the other way round I'm sure the situation would have been a lot worse. But I highly doubt we'd have a report out entitled 'Italian fans labelled Europe's worse.'

Anders0n said:
Nothing happened with the Italian fans because there was about 10 of them there, they couldn't even sell all their allocation.
Incorrect.

I'd like to take a look at the report though - 25 incidents at away games since 2003 - that's got to be near enough every game?

Coincidence? Surely not...

We'll always be the whipping boys of football. I guess its some sort of 'up yours' we've taken over your sport and we run it now.

Liverpool is just an easy target, shame on the liverpool fans for what they did at athens, charging at the gates knowing they didnt have tickets, sorry but did they not think about hillsborough.

The slightest incident from any English club next season will probably see sanctions. The whole of Europe are now looking at English fans and will probably provoke them even more next season. I hope this report gets published and is available for all to read.

Linoge said:
I hope this report gets published and is available for all to read.
From what I heard on the radio this morning 1 of the 25 incidents was something as 'trivial' as stealing some flags.
If Liverpool were to accept the blame (not all) & be more vocal in condemning the actions of a large amount of their fans in Athens it probably wouldn't be so bad.
Parry put his foot in it a bit just before the game when he jokingly said something about there will be around 40k Liverpool fans in the ground as they'll manage to get in somehow (possibly not word perfect) if that's the attitude their CE has it's no wonder the fans think they can get away with stuff.

er i think his words were 'by hook or by crook'...

and i think the flag stealing was something along the lines of of 102 flags about the stadium 100 were nicked by 'pool supporters. or something like that.

edited to be fair.

Gaillard added: "We had 102 flags in the stadium, but by the time the game began there were only two left. People climbed up amid incredible danger in order to steal them, and we know a majority were Liverpool fans."

Gilly said:
How can anyone be worse than the Turks? There's problems there all the time. Racism in Italy and Spain, thuggery and hooliganism in Holland...

Spot on, there also the bribery scandal in ital, which UEFA did squat about.

There always some rowdy behaviour with all footy fans when the drinks start flowing, but for UEFA to single us out and stay silent over the others is a joke, even the mancs got blamed for the fiasco in Lille.

Yeah, I don't buy the 'if there were more tickets available' then the scenes we all seen in Athens wouldn't have happened. Every club has a minority of fans that will try their luck at gaining entry into a stadium with a fake ticket or none at all. But stealing from your own fans is sick, beating up your own fans to steal the tickets from their bloodied hands is sick, robbing families of their opportunity to have a fun holiday and see their team play in the Champions League final is absolutely vile. They are not true football fans and I hope that Liverpool fans can name and shame some of these so called fans.

I can't imagine the scenes if it had have been an all English final. :eek:

I'm still awaiting any news back on the government taking a stance against Italian police over what happened in Rome a few months ago. Probably result in nothing happening.

Back
Top Bottom