Liverpool Takeover Thread

Caporegime
Seems I've missed quite a bit in the last hour.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Two bids have been made and accepted by 3 members of the board whom the Americans brought in to help find a bidder? The Americans are now trying to sack those same three members for accepting some bids?

Man of Honour
I dont know a great deal about this, but am I right in thinking -

That Purslow guy is in charge of selling the club, he's accepted two offers that are below what H&G would ideally want, and therefore they are having a fit trying to get rid of him?

Is that it, in simple terms?

Man of Honour
Seems I've missed quite a bit in the last hour.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Two bids have been made and accepted by 3 members of the board whom the Americans brought in to help find a bidder? The Americans are now trying to sack those same three members for accepting some bids?

Yup, could be an interesting 72 hours coming up

Man of Honour
I dont know a great deal about this, but am I right in thinking -

That Purslow guy is in charge of selling the club, he's accepted two offers that are below what H&G would ideally want, and therefore they are having a fit trying to get rid of him?

Is that it, in simple terms?

Roughly speaking yes, my guess is that the offer is more like 350-450m and hicks and gillett want something more like 700m

Man of Honour
Latest on sky sports news is that the other bidder is from Asia, not kenny Huang back in for it again? They are also saying that hicks and gillett have blocked both offers. Things are going to get really dirty

Caporegime
Why would they do that? :confused:

If they don't get the money they are asking for when the time comes can't RBS just sell it to who ever for how ever much money they are owed?

Don
Why would they do that? :confused:

If they don't get the money they are asking for when the time comes can't RBS just sell it to who ever for how ever much money they are owed?

Correct.

Seems Ayre and Purslow can't be sacked without Broughton giving his permission first.

Not quite. As I said before all this broke, RBS are obliged to get the best possible price for the owners within a reasonable time frame. If Hicks can prove that RBS haven't fulfilled their obligation then he can take them to court etc etc.

To put this into context; Hicks' baseball team got repossessed, the bank agreed a deal to sell it, that deal got blocked, ended up in court and was only finally sold the other month, around 18 months after the process began.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hicks statement says that the offers "dramatically undervalue" the club (in other words they arent getting enough profit from the deal) and that the owners will vigorously resist any attempt to sell the club by the board without the owners agreement.

Soldato
Not quite. As I said before all this broke, RBS are obliged to get the best possible price for the owners within a reasonable time frame. If Hicks can prove that RBS haven't fulfilled their obligation then he can take them to court etc etc.

To put this into context; Hicks' baseball team got repossessed, the bank agreed a deal to sell it, that deal got blocked, ended up in court and was only finally sold the other month, around 18 months after the process began.

How the hell was this chump allowed to buy a football team?! :confused:

Associate
"I've been reliably informed that Ayre, Purslow and Broughton this week blocked a refinancing offer that Hicks and Gillett put to the board. They were using the ground Melwood etc up as clout to get refinance." is the rumour going round.

Don
How the hell was this chump allowed to buy a football team?! :confused:

The EPL decided he was 'fit and proper', as they did Thaksin Shinawatra :o

Hopefully this isn't just the end of Hicks' sports investments and the end of him all together.

Whatever the business, what bank would seriously lend money to a man who openly admits to refusing to make repayments on a loan as a way of forcing the bank to reduce the interest rate?

And I know it was mocked earlier in this thread, but the campaign against Hicks from Liverpool fans is getting noticed. Several banks have been quick to directly or indirectly issue denials of having any links to Hicks's attempts to refinance after the email campaign.
"I've been reliably informed that Ayre, Purslow and Broughton this week blocked a refinancing offer that Hicks and Gillett put to the board. They were using the ground Melwood etc up as clout to get refinance." is the rumour going round.

That's been going around for a few weeks. Reportedly it happened back in June.

Back
Top Bottom