Liverpool Takeover Thread

Soldato
The Mill Financial offer is/was:

"The offer includes repaying all debts and putting £100m towards the new stadium. Mill Financial took over some of Gillett's stake. Mill Financial were meant to meet Broughton last Thursday to discuss a possible takeover but it was cancelled. Hicks and Gillett's representative wants to know why this meeting was cancelled. Mill Financial remain interested in buying Liverpool."

H&G wonder why the board arent interested in the bid....perhaps something to do with Gillett still being involved with the club!

Also: (source: http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2010/hicks-and-mill-financial-fighting-a-losing-battle/)

It is believed that George Gillett has defaulted on his £75M loan, meaning that Mill Financial have now mopped up his 50% share in Liverpool Football Club.

This goes some way to the understanding from last week’s board meeting in which Hicks attempted to sack Purslow and Ayre, and replace with two of his cronies, his son Mack and a colleague in Hicks Holdings.

It is understood that Mill Financial is attempting to find the money required to pay off RBS £280M loan to allow Hicks to remain in control of Anfield.
FFS, it's all aimed at stalling the decision and you can bet your life none of these other offers are credible. If this carries on past next week it's time to boycott. His continued ownership it not in best interests of the club and he knows it. The club needs a ruling and it needs one fast. If they rule in favour of Hicks then RBS should call in the loan asap, 9 point deduction or otherwise.

2.05pm: While we wait for this afternoon's updates from my colleagues down at court, who are the three bidders that H&G say should be considered:

NESV
Lawrence Donegan wrote this profile: "John W Henry: Soya bean trader who transformed a team of has-beens." (The Boston Red Sox).

Meriton
The group name for a bid from Singapore-based businessman Peter Lim. Lim owns a string of Manchester United-themed bars in Asia called Reds cafes. In 2007 Forbes said he was the 7th richest man in Singapore.

Mill Financial
A US hedge fund which now owns 50% of George Gillett's stake in Liverpool FC after he defaulted on a £75m loan which had been given to refinance the club in 2008.
Beggers belife. I think I'd like thingsto continue the way they are than be taken over by a hedge fund. They are determined to sink the club.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wondering what RBS/Broughton's response to supposedly "rushing" will be. Whether they claim they did take fair time to consider all avenues, or that they incoming repayment date was an essential factor in getting it over and done with.

Soldato
G&H claim the board meeting last Tuesday broke down when they US owners refused to continue "after a conversation with the chairman during the adjournment". They claim that the remaining three directors, Broughton, Purslow and Ayre formed a 'sub committee' which then considered the bids and after discussions with RBS decided to go with NESV.

"Resolution of the sub-committee is invalid because the English directors were in breach of the sales contract with RBS."

lol, are they seriously going to argue that? you can hardly say the board meeting 'doesnt count' because one party decide to storm out in a hissy-fit.

2.23pm: Hicks has written a letter to the court: He says that he and Gillett feel they "had become excluded from the sales process by the board"
Well, yeah its all the boards fault i guess. Has nothing to do with signing the veto-vote over to MB and then storming out of the meeting in which the board were going to discuss the sale process.

Last edited:
Soldato
I hope the irony of trying to dismiss Broughton's decisions on account of him breaching the sales contract isn't lost on G&H. What's good for the goose and all that.

Soldato
Hicks claims that the sub-committee became so ingrained that the directors started to refer to it as the "home team" in emails between themselves. One of which was accidentally sent to the owners at start of last week. Hicks claims that he only breached sales agreement by trying to oust two board members because the sub committee was a breach of the sales agreement in itself.

Soldato
Hicks claims that the sub-committee became so ingrained that the directors started to refer to it as the "home team" in emails between themselves. One of which was accidentally sent to the owners at start of last week. Hicks claims that he only breached sales agreement by trying to oust two board members because the sub committee was a breach of the sales agreement in itself.

The idiot who forwarded the email should be sacked! Oh wait...

This whole thing will drag on for weeks. I can see administration being the only way out.

Soldato
The idiot who forwarded the email should be sacked! Oh wait...

This whole thing will drag on for weeks. I can see administration being the only way out.
Me too. With the investment new owners will bring it will probably make very little difference to the final points tally this season anyway. If it's a choice between keep Hick or lose 9 points I'd happily take the later.

Associate
Much discussion about Mill Financial: my understanding is that, via its lawyers, Mill Financial approached Liverpool recently but were told "the club had already been sold". It has been suggested (by Tom Stewart via email) that "Mill Financial is owned by US Billionaire Dwight Schar, Chairman of NVR and Co-Owner of the NFL Washington Redskins".

G&H QC, Paul Girolami, dismisses Friday's deadline and says that instead the owners and RBS are "locked into an agreement" until 1 November.

Back
Top Bottom