Living in Germany

Soldato
Richdog said:
Fair enough, just a shame that for 10 of those years you were barely sentient enough to think about much beyone 'food and toys', and the remaining years not mature enough to appreciate the finer things in life and do 90% of the things adults enjoy doing. :)

That's what you think.

I remember a lot of things way back to primary school, I was there for my placement year, which was as recently as 03-04, and I keep going back in the summer to see family+friends.

Seeing how the majority of my life has had experience with Germany, I don't see how my opinion is lessened in its accuracy.

I know the place from the inside, most of you have barely seen the outside. And because I disagree with you, I'm wrong :confused: I'm sorry, that place just ain't for me, and I got the experience to back my opinion up.

So let's just leave it at that - you seen a few weeks worth of it and you love it. I seen well over 17 yrs of it and hate it. End of story.

Caporegime
Ex-RoNiN said:
That's what you think.

Yup, because you were a child the whole time you were there. Unarguably, in fact.

I know the place from the inside, most of you have barely seen the outside. And because I disagree with you, I'm wrong :confused: I'm sorry, that place just ain't for me, and I got the experience to back my opinion up.

My dad speaks german like a german, I speak good german, and we knew a lot of people out there. It doesnt particularly get more "inside" than that considering we stayed a good frew years after the British had pulled out of Berlin, we had good opportunity to integrate for a while.

So let's just leave it at that - you seen a few weeks worth of it and you love it. I seen well over 17 yrs of it and hate it. End of story.

I saw 10 years mostly as an adult in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe, and travelled extensively around the country. No matter which way you look at it... you were a kid the whole time you were there, you weren't going to appreciate the finer points of life there and this likely shaped and tainted your view as you got older. :)

Soldato
My dad speaks german like a german, I speak good german, and we knew a lot of people out there. It doesnt particularly get more "inside" than that

Yeah it does - growing up there :p

I speak German natively btw.

as an adult in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe

Berlin is not Germany. In fact, its very a-typically German.

17 is hardly a kid; and do I need to say it again? Placement Year, summer hols, I keep going back there.

Back
Top Bottom