Logitech G19 announced

Soldato
apologies if this has already been posted.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2ujjts3.jpg[/IMG

more info here

[url]http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/mice_keyboards/devices/4956&cl=us,en#[/url]

[url]http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/090106/20090106005073.html?.v=1[/url]

[url]http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/172/5462&cl=us,en[/url]

$199 ouch

still want one though:D:D[/QUOTE]

Looks quite good, but for that price I don't think I'd get one to replace my G15 Rev. 2 any time soon.

Associate
WASD are way better considering they give you all the functionallity around the keys, what benefits do the arrows give?

Anyway, putting LCD's on keyboards seems odd to me, eventualll we're going to end up with computers being made of a keyboard, with a monitor on top and a touchpad built in.

Oh wait, that's called a laptop!

Associate
Would've bought a G19 but only if the keyboard had been fully programable like the Razor Lycosa.

Quite fancy the G13 though, is this out in March too ?

Associate
Hello have just joined your forum :)

I have read your thoughts on the G19 keyboard with interest.
At the moment i have a media keyboard with what seems like a sticiky volume wheel and no backlighting so today I took the plunge and pre- ordered the G19.
The idea of customisable backlighting and macros (which i feel might be useful both in gaming and office apps ) made me decide to opt for this ( and she who must be obeyed ) thought it was a good idea lol so I pounced on ity while she was in agreement:p
If anyone is interested I wouldbe happy to provide a review once I actually receive it.

Soldato
Hello have just joined your forum :)

I have read your thoughts on the G19 keyboard with interest.
At the moment i have a media keyboard with what seems like a sticiky volume wheel and no backlighting so today I took the plunge and pre- ordered the G19.
The idea of customisable backlighting and macros (which i feel might be useful both in gaming and office apps ) made me decide to opt for this ( and she who must be obeyed ) thought it was a good idea lol so I pounced on ity while she was in agreement:p
If anyone is interested I wouldbe happy to provide a review once I actually receive it.

Welcome to the forums! and yeah, id be interested in mini review for the keyboard :D

Only thing that is putting me off is the price

Associate
When it comes down in price to ~£100 I'll get one.

My original G15 is getting tired. Such a good keyboard though - better performance wise than the rev2 also.

Soldato
why does everything have to have a display on it? Whats the point?

Must admit I do like my g15 rev 2 because of it. Right now its displaying what I'm listening to (so if the song is a slow starter I know what it is and can skip if I dont like)

When gaming, I can view the time and also (if still signed into windows live messenger) can see if I have received any emails (can quickly jump out and view the email then go back to my game)

And when on teamspeak, can see who is talking if in a large server, as well as view temps while gaming.

I must admit dunno how I'd cope if I went back to a keyboard without one :confused:

But that g19? As a student, no thanks :rolleyes:

Associate
I have the v1 and v2 g15 but since getting a 2nd monitor its just obsolete. Ive now sold it and gone back to my eclipse v1. For the price of the G19 you could buy almost any combination of 2nd monitor and keyboard. Madness.

Associate
I have the v1 and v2 g15 but since getting a 2nd monitor its just obsolete. Ive now sold it and gone back to my eclipse v1. For the price of the G19 you could buy almost any combination of 2nd monitor and keyboard. Madness.

I agree it's too much to pay but a 2nd monitor is waaay more expensive.

Associate
Two things are putting me off with this keyboard The first is the obvious one that everyone here highlights - the price. The second is the insane decision that due to the "features" you now need to plug this into the mains! That alone makes this a non starter for me. If they cannot make the keyboard use the power a USB can give they should rethink the features they are including or rework them to work more efficiently so a USB connection can be used alone.

Back
Top Bottom