Poll: London mayor stuff

Who are you voting for in the London mayoral election 2016?

• Sadiq Khan - Labour

Votes: 57 23.9%
  • Zac Goldsmith - Conservative

Votes: 81 34.0%
  • Siân Berry - Green

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Caroline Pidgeon - Liberal Democrat

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Peter Whittle - UKIP

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • David Furness - BNP

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • George Galloway - Respect

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Paul Golding - Britain First

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Ankit Love - One Love

• Sophie Walker - Women's Equality

• Lee Harris - CISTA

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Prince Zylinski - Independent

Votes: 16 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
He's also a man who has attended a rally with extremists, shared a platform with known extremists and has been linked with extremist organisations like Cage. Doesn't his family also have links to extremists?

Attempts to link Sadiq Khan to extremism are nothing more than a smear campaign. It's the worst kind of divisive, negative campaigning.

Let's take a look at Khan's 'links' to extremists:

Tories have highlighted that Khan campaigned against Babar Ahmad's (someone the US accused of links to terrorism) detention without charge and extradition. They don't mention that Zac Goldsmith did exactly the same thing.

David Cameron pointed out at PMQs that Khan shared a stage with alleged IS supporter Suliman Gani. What Cameron didn't mention is that Suliman Gani gave the Tories support in (unsuccessfully) removing Khan as MP for Tooting at the last election. He also failed to mention that Zac Goldsmith has been photographed with Gani.

I feel sorry for anyone who falls for this nonsense.

Caporegime
Attempts to link Sadiq Khan to extremism are nothing more than a smear campaign. It's the worst kind of divisive, negative campaigning.

Let's take a look at Khan's 'links' to extremists:

Tories have highlighted that Khan campaigned against Babar Ahmad's (someone the US accused of links to terrorism) detention without charge and extradition. They don't mention that Zac Goldsmith did exactly the same thing.

David Cameron pointed out at PMQs that Khan shared a stage with alleged IS supporter Suliman Gani. What Cameron didn't mention is that Suliman Gani gave the Tories support in (unsuccessfully) removing Khan as MP for Tooting at the last election. He also failed to mention that Zac Goldsmith has been photographed with Gani.

I feel sorry for anyone who falls for this nonsense.

Well, I wouldn't vote for Goldsmith either so 'smearing' him won't make any difference to me.

Let's not forget that Babar Ahmed admitted terrorist activity. Yet he still criticised the extradition, surely he should be criticising his so called 'childhood friend' for being a terrorist instead? I don't seem to see anything to that effect out there.

Wasn't his sister married to a hate preacher?

Sharing the platform with Gani, was it 9 times Carmeron said?

How about defending Dr Azam Tamimi's comments during a rally, which he attended, about how the world will basically burn for making comics about Allah (or something to that effect)? I'm sure he brushed the comments off as the speaker getting carried away or some garbage like that.

I feel sorry for anyone voting Khan in, best case scenario is he has had multiple errors of judgement, worst case scenario he's a terrorist sympathiser.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, I wouldn't vote for Goldsmith either so 'smearing' him won't make any difference to me.

Let's not forget that Babar Ahmed admitted terrorist activity. Yet he still criticises the extradition, surely he should be criticising his so called 'childhood friend' for being a terrorist instead.

Wasn't his sister married to a hate preacher?

Sharing the platform with Gani, was it 9 times Carmeron said?

How about defending Dr Azam Tamimi's comments during a rally, which he attended, about how the world will basically burn for making comics about Allah (or something to that effect)? I'm sure he brushed the comments off as the speaker getting carried away or some garbage like that.

I feel sorry for anyone voting Khan in, best case scenario is he has had multiple errors of judgement, worst case scenario he's a Corbyn sympathiser.

fixed

Soldato
I feel sorry for anyone voting Khan in, best case scenario is he has had multiple errors of judgement, worst case scenario he's a terrorist sympathiser.

Would you accuse Zac Goldsmith of being a terrorist sympathiser for opposing Babar Ahmed's detention without charge and extradition?

Caporegime
Would you accuse Zac Goldsmith of being a terrorist sympathiser for opposing Babar Ahmed's detention without charge and extradition?

On that point alone? No.

For the record i'm not saying that Khan is either, i'm saying that from what I've read it's at least a possibility isn't it?

I wouldn't vote for Khan primarily because = Labour.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm really struggling to be bothered about this one, it feels like Khan is probably most deserving and would be the progressive choice, but I don't really like him. Don't like Goldsmith either though

Soldato
For the record i'm not saying that Khan is either, i'm saying that from what I've read it's at least a possibility isn't it?

Given Khan's voting record, it's clear that he's not a terrorist sympathiser. There's far more credible lines of attack if you want to criticise him.

Soldato
I still want to know who wins out of the superglue and non-stick pan. It sounds far more interesting than deciding who becomes Mayor of London, also known as "which limb shall I saw off, sir".

I joined Labour in 1997 because it had shown it could be trusted with the economy.

Got a good laugh off this though.

Soldato
Goldsmith has run a terrible campaign based on the concept of attacking others for things you've completely made up, and he's paying the price for it. Don't know what the tories were thinking fielding such a poor candidate, but I'm not complaining.

Soldato
Goldsmith has run a terrible campaign based on the concept of attacking others for things you've completely made up, and he's paying the price for it. Don't know what the tories were thinking fielding such a poor candidate, but I'm not complaining.

I don't think that Zac Goldsmith is actually a bad candidate. London is only ever going to elect a Tory if they're seen to be socially liberal. He's definitely ticks most of the right boxes.

His problem is that he's hired a terrible campaign team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom