Lone echo

Soldato
I haven't played it yet, but, it's the same movement as Echo Arena, so it's going to be amazing.

How can it possibly fail??

Soldato
The fella that does the revive just updated, so revive works now.

Like melmac says, the mechanics of Echo Arena are present, with bolted on features for the single player game judging from the reviews. Can't say I'm that interested in the Lone single player game, as I generally can't dedicate my mind to storyline games these days, but the Arena is immense and definitely where it's at.

Judging from the fidelity of the arena beta, if the narrative of the story is all the reviews crack it up to be, then I call it as close to a dedicated AAA there's been yet.

Associate
Just had 3+ hours on it. Absolutely fantastic - it's basically a astronaut/robot buddy/disaster story, with quality visuals, sound and voice overs. I'm the opposite of lokiss in that I wanted it for the single player story, and so far it's delivered (I played the Echo Arena beta, and it really didn't do anything for me - I just found the whole zero-g frisbee thing really dull).

If you've been after a top notch single player game, check it out (and unlike me, you'll probably like the multiplayer given its overall reception).

Soldato
It looks great, but the Single Player is apparently only 4 hours long :(

Think I'll be waiting for a sale on this one...

I did try the Arena tutorial though, and the movement is fantastic!

Soldato
Can't speak for the single player, but echo arena is great, and while you might occasionally feel a bit unsteady, the locomotion never makes me feel ill, which is great. It's nice not to have to teleport everywhere for once

Soldato
Have played about half an hour and the dialogue and interaction seems well thought out. Some good references to movies etc. apparently (three seashells) Waiting for my 1080 ti on Monday before I play any more of Lone Echo though.

Echo Arena on the other hand am up to level 8 or 9 :)

Associate
I played a couple of hours of Lone Echo my self last night and I though it was absolutely fantastic, it's just the sort of (single player) game I want to play in VR! Although the official line is that it only lasts about 4 hours I've read other accounts that it's closer to 6 if you take the time to do everything and that length is fine for me personally.

Associate
Could some of you check your CPU usage? Mine is always completely maxed while my gpu (1080ti) is at ~60% usage and I'm getting frequent framerate drops. It's a 4690k @4.5ghz, so not the most modern. I'm just wondering if this is the first game I've got that is really bottlenecked by the cpu.
Game itself though is pretty amazing, sure, if it wasn't VR then it wouldn't stand out much, but it's totally raised the bar on what is possible for VR and the experience is amazing. Even just floating around in space and exploring for the fun of it is quite relaxing.

Associate
I played Echo Arena today for a bit. Top tip from me, turn off yaw turning in the in game settings. I didn't know about this until after I'd finished. If you don't turn this off, you'll find yourself rotating when touching the trackpad trying to boost or brake.

Associate
Certainly took me way more than 6 hours to complete, and I didn't even collect everything. I just took my time enjoying the experience rather than rushing.

Associate
This game is stunning. Only problem I am getting is if I stick everything up to high I get a low memory error and the game will crash after a few mins. Strange as I have 16 gig of ram and a GTX 1070. Anyone else had any problems ??

Associate
This game is stunning. Only problem I am getting is if I stick everything up to high I get a low memory error and the game will crash after a few mins. Strange as I have 16 gig of ram and a GTX 1070. Anyone else had any problems ??
People have been reporting this on Reddit (and there's apparently a discord channel where you can report problems to the devs). There was a patch on Sat that was supposed to fix these problems, but people are still reporting them.

For me, I have issues during the parts where you transition in/out of the ship, though unlike some it doesn't crash for me, but rather I get a massive drop in the framerate for about 10-15 seconds.

Associate
Fixed the crashing to low memory. Even with 16 gig of ram this game needs a 16 swop file. Mine was 200 meg ????? Anyway changed it and set to ultra and its working fine now.

Oh and what a game. Within 5 mins play you have forgotten your in a game and its like real life. Stunning beyond words. If marketed right this would sell VR like nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom