Long purple line on my monitor ? :(

Soldato
I turned my monitor on a few minutes ago and it flashed and then when I got on to the desktop a purple/black line appeared from the top to the bottom on the right hand side of the screen roughly 1-2 pixels wide.

I've tried the screen on 3 different PC's with DP and HDMI and it's still there, Borked screen or is there some type of fix and explanation for this ?

Example below -

w1iGsyh.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
No.

It is the monitor. I have one in the cupboard which has had a purple line like that, in almost the same place, for years.

Take it back. :)

Its like a stuck pixel, but a whole column of them.

Thanks for the reply, You sure a BSOD couldn't cause this just say from a bad GPU overclock on a 980 and a sudden short going through the display port cable or is that not possible ?

Soldato
OP
There is zero chance that a BSOD would do that. If it was a broken GPU, possible but it would be more extreme, plus the fact you have tried it on 3 different PC's proves it is a faulty panel.

Thanks for the reply, I also unplugged the DP cable and it went to the "No Signal" screen and I could still see extremely clearly the thick black line going down the screen.

Back
Top Bottom