Long time no see.Short intro of my wheels...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
What a thread, was a great read.
I find it hard to believe the Ibiza would beat a E46 M3 let alone the Porsche 911.
I have been in some fast turbo cars with the short gearing they run out of steam very quickly, you might of kept up or been quicker to say 80, but then both those cars would have left you.
To be fair I dont think you would keep with an M3 to 60 from a standing start.

Man of Honour
Over the ton the 911 and the M3 would run off into the distance and if the 911 driver was on it I would not expect the FWD turbo nutter to ever get in front but up to 100mph v an early 996 I would think it would be close in a car with 280bhp'ish

I was suprised by a few FWD VW flavoured hot hatches in my M3's, there were some quick little cars out there and on occasion there was not much in it until you got up to around 3 figures (on a race track of course) but those would be 300bhp plus I would suspect. Mate of mine had a GT3 and a Golf ED30 with close to 300bph and he said upto around 5mph it was nearly as quick as his GT3....when it was parked, though pretty much as quick as an old 996 up to 3 figures.

Man of Honour
..and when I did FT2007 there was a yellow Seat Ibiza with over 300bhp and done very nicely. I had a good nose around it and it was nicely turned out. We met up on the road to the event and he shadowed my GT3 when he saw me coming up on him. He was quick in the odd spurts we did on the road but when it was against the clocks and I was REALLY on it he didn't see where the GT3 went, it was MUCH quicker. Lovely Seat though, nicely done and looked the part in bright yellow.

Man of Honour
..actually, looking at the times there was only 3/4 second between us over 3/4 mile!! It was a Seat Ibiza with around 400bhp I believe and was VERY nicely done and turned out and the lad running it looked about 3 years old. He crossed the line at 154mph I crossed at 158mph so a very quick car to be fair but I would suggest somewhat different to our OP's car and FAR from standard and a lot more than a chip and an air filter!

Soldato
OP
jesus you need to start increaseing your overall knowledge on cars.

GT3s are not turbocharged.

Yes you are right. I thought they were turbocharged. My knowledge is focused on my car and its fine tuning though...not others...

So now M3 e 46 trash K03s Ibizas?
Let me forget the fact that you have NO drag race proof for this since all i read was about speculations...not drag races made....

Heres a vid of a mates FR with about the same mods as mine.

Hes racing a M3 e46 which is also tuned...NO stock....e46 with a m3 engine,tuned by induction, exhaust, repro etc, whereas i randomly raced a stock e46...

http://βιντεο.tk/video/lYMi4RcDIso/porwmenosibifr-leo-vs-bmw-m3-e46.html

Heres a nother vid but i dont know what mods do both cars have... so dont take into account...again the ibiza is leading

http://βιντεο.tk/video/9yiqWHhVNCI/ibiza-cupra-vs-m3-e46.html

Why you dont accept some things.? I give you all the proof you need...whereas all i hear from your side is speculations...unless all my mates with the same car are also liers...

I never said those little ibizas compare with german supercars. Under some circumstances they can be faster. Of course and its difficult to pull away from an M3 during drag racing from start. Rolling start is what we go for to take advantage of the full boost achieved from our small turbo very fast.

An ibiza FR-Cupra fine tuned will produce arround 240 hp + with about 38 KGm of torquw in just 1160 (avg) KG.

An 346 M3 produces 340 HP, 36kgm of torque in 1,549 kg. Its 400KG heavier and also has less torque...

I also drag raced an e36 cabrio claming 350hp on compressor and we were running side by side...back then i had no 70mm dp and decat, running 9b 8t so not 100%.Ok maybe it wasnt 350 hp that he claimed...i will never find out since after our run he went for a turbo setup. Its still 1560 kg car looking at the specs.

A mates K03s ibiza was really close with a big turbo VF34 ibiza with loads more power...Why? small turbo...quick spool time and in a drag run it can keep up...unless the run is for 10 miles...

Edit: found his vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP-YhtUEP_w

Everyone is talking without proof.

You mention the golf ednt 30. I will mention drag run made a few weeks back between a mates FR, exactly the same setup as mine, with WG tightened 2 turns, and he drag raced the new audi S3 with revo repro so arround 310+hp and the S3 lost....but yeah...youll start laughing again...but no probs...ill ask if my mates got a vid...

You mention 400hp ibizas, so they will be on a gt2871 probably...and produce less than 50kg of torque on 1160 kg...and you consider such a car unable to keep up with german supercars?If you only look at the numbers, this thing scrapes off the tarmac.

You laugh about 260km/h...heres another vid made on a polo gti this time again with k03s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx_mXi_7uV8 exceeding 250km/h yes on stock turbo.And thats true km/h no speedo...and afaik the gearbox is the same on polos unless i am wrong.

Did some research yesterday and by the looks of things the 911 i raced with is 3.4 litre producing arround 300 hp 2001? model, and weights 1400kg. This car is on a sale forum, is identical and i dont know if its the same that albanian guy sold few months after our run. Ok maybe he couldnt drive the car, maybe the engine was a wreck, maybe he was having a bad day, maybe maybe...we did a rolling start from 2nd gear...twice. The result was what i already mentioned. I will not lie about this nore will more than 15 people waiting over the bridge on the""finish line", i did not stop though...i carried on to see the result at high speeds. I aint no lier. Maybe something was not right as you say.

But hey...at the end of the day i come up with proof about many things you deny from friends similar cars...and all i hear here is speculations.

just for the history heres a mates cupra with GT35 on his first dyno run after tuning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdqzBbZPYEY

and another older ibiza pushing arround 700ps on his very first official drag race run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guSiBVejihM

We are not used in BS arround here...we just love those engines and do a lot of research in fine tuning etc :)

I give up. No need to prove anything to anybody.Those little cars are popular arround here and fine tuning them is quite standard nowadays let alone bt setups...

All i need is for this thread to be deleted...

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
That first vid ???
All I see are locked rev races & at the end when they have it the Beema wins, I don't understand the point/vid or thread, Why do you confuse a chap so early in the morning, Have you no soul. :(
Also it really helps in race vids if you can see the speedo :D

Soldato
OP
TW Fox

I preffer for my post to be deleted mate.

I posted some experiences of mine that people do not believe.

If people do not agree its ok. But laughing at someone because you dont believe something is not decent.

This is why insist on deleting the thread.

Thank you.

I remember you back from the old days mate. Surely you may have a backup of the forums back then.

Never bs, helped many people arround here, contributed to the forum etc etc.

Few years after, i become a lier and somebody to laugh at?

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I think you should Chill a bit Dude we All laugh WITH each other here Not At each other. A little mild giggle at our own Blunders is a good leveller.
I judge Nobody & just wanted a little explanation to the type of races you do over there what with the rev limited vid. Was you just testing or is it a way you race & stay within legal speeds ???

Soldato
OP
That first vid ???
All I see are locked rev races & at the end when they have it the Beema wins, I don't understand the point/vid or thread, Why do you confuse a chap so early in the morning, Have you no soul. :(
Also it really helps in race vids if you can see the speedo :D

heres a speedo for you then :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5BrUZ3kGuI&feature=channel_page

260km/h on the same engine polo...

i am still lying?

What u ask for is difficult mate. Drag racing and keeping a cam on the speedo and driving simultaneously...is a recipe for crashing lol.

Youre after a documentary, not a mobile phone vid ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Firstly thats 260kph on the speedo, being so technical and a "fine tuner" as you put it you do know about car speedo's, yes???

Secondly we said 280kph was BS not 260kph with your engine power, however we do recognise that with enough power and upping the limiter to 8k, which on a 1.8t is a stupid idea 280kph might be possible.

However at the readline on a 1.8T with a 6 speed box you simply can't get 280kph.

For some reason you have gone off posting random videos from the internet which share no relavance to the original argument.

How very odd....

On the other side of things we have several Porsche owners in here we also have several 1.8T owners some with more power than you and even they call BS on the original claims.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom