Looking for a strategy game...

Associate
...where technology, weapon/fleet/army loadouts and battle plays a critical role. My favorites so far have been the XCOM series, Total War, Battletech, FM and MOO2 when I was much younger.
I tried Stellaris and some others but most of them lack in the battles part. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Man of Honour
...where technology, weapon/fleet/army loadouts and battle plays a critical role. My favorites so far have been the XCOM series, Total War, Battletech, FM and MOO2 when I was much younger.
I tried Stellaris and some others but most of them lack in the battles part. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Something like Gothic Armada 1/2 maybe?

Associate
If you like Warhammer 40k try Mechanicus. Little bit like Xcom.

Some of the stellaris mods like new horizons and the Star Wars one are very good with bigger differences in combat. Likewise Battletech with Roguetech.

The Expeditions series of games, conquistador and Viking have turn based battles, though can’t remember if can equip characters or not.

If you want a little gem try Battle Brothers, solid little indie game.

Soldato
There is the x series of games by egosoft. X4 Foundations is latest tho needs a good cpu tho. That ud probs like with the ship interaction in battles.

Homeworld tho imo is one of the best for interacting in a grand battle with space ships tho. Cant wait till next year for hw3.

Soldato
Homeworld tho imo is one of the best for interacting in a grand battle with space ships tho. Cant wait till next year for hw3.

Unfortunately the remastered version was quite disappointing. The first game still has all the oomph it used to, but the formations and tactics (evasive manoeuvres etc) are unsupported by the engine (HW2 engine) and as such don’t work.

Gears Tactics however is a very competent game. Only thing that let it down to me was a lack of coop. The XCOM series is guilty of this too - how hard is it to assign half the squad to one player, and the other half to the second player?!

Soldato
I feel it is necessary to mention the best turn based strategy combat game ever made, which is Jagged Alliance 2 1.13. May be an old game now, but it is that awesome.

Back
Top Bottom