Looking for Advice for £ - ££ price upgrade to play PUGB

Associate
Hi guys,

First time posting on here just wanted advice on upgrade my PC Rig, I main play CSGO full time and im wanting to start playing PUBG was wonder what advice you guys could off,

My Rig so Far:

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor
RAM: 12GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

How you fine gentleman and ladys can help me.

Thanks CottonEyedJoel

Soldato
Hi guys,

First time posting on here just wanted advice on upgrade my PC Rig, I main play CSGO full time and im wanting to start playing PUBG was wonder what advice you guys could off,

My Rig so Far:

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor
RAM: 12GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

How you fine gentleman and ladys can help me.

Thanks CottonEyedJoel

Whats resolution screen are you playing with - or its model if you know it and refresh rate

whats your budget?

You've prob seen here or worth looking at YouTube that Ryzen is a big step up from AMDs old processors

PUBG is a bit of a pain as no matter what you have- it still is far from optimised and people kind of forget that, still an Alpha game if i recall and not in beta stage ? might of changed though

Associate
OP
Whats resolution screen are you playing with - or its model if you know it and refresh rate

whats your budget?

You've prob seen here or worth looking at YouTube that Ryzen is a big step up from AMDs old processors

PUBG is a bit of a pain as no matter what you have- it still is far from optimised and people kind of forget that, still an Alpha game if i recall and not in beta stage ? might of changed though
playing on a LG TV atm, on 1360 x 768 res, after a coupled of monitors after at xmas

Soldato
playing on a LG TV atm, on 1360 x 768 res, after a coupled of monitors after at xmas

what screen your playing could play a vital part. going for Free-sync screen the AMD GPU or G-sync screen would require Nvidia - could also get the CPU/Mobo/Ram part first - then once you've nailed your wanted screen down a GPU

budget would be neeed though - either partly or what you intend to spend the whole thing on

Associate
OP
what screen your playing could play a vital part. going for Free-sync screen the AMD GPU or G-sync screen would require Nvidia - could also get the CPU/Mobo/Ram part first - then once you've nailed your wanted screen down a GPU

budget would be neeed though - either partly or what you intend to spend the whole thing on

My Budget is around 100-250 just want to upgrade pieces not buy a full Rig

Soldato
Cheers.

Your CPU is due an upgrade next, but for £250 a GPU upgrade will work out a lot better. RX 480/580 or GTX 1060 (8GB and 6G versions respectively, if possible, and it is right now, at least today).

Soldato
^^^^ if your tight on case , then AMD will be your way forward, £370-400 for cheapest 144hz 1080p G-sync screen to £200 for AMD freesync equivalent .

Agreed. Since you're planning on upgrading monitor soon, AMD card would keep the monitor cheaper (if Freesync is desired, and it can extend the performance life of the video card because it keeps things smoother at lower framerates).

Soldato
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoc-...descreen-led-monitor-black-red-mo-030-ao.html
Your looking at £250-80 for Rx 580 the £200 for screen Xmas

£300-450 for Mobo/CPU/ram later - which you know will give your further performance boost with any GPU , specially at 1080p

Get your card now - gibbo is already done black Friday sale early for monitors so you know they'll be more for screens later, I got both mine of black Friday .
Last year and year before , black Friday was naff for components

Associate
The 6GB GTX 1060 can be had for under £200 on this site. For months they've been selling for about £230-250 so now is the time to buy.

It should absolutely be the go to card for budget conscious gamers.

Back
Top Bottom