Looking for an SSD

Associate
I am looking on grabbing an SSD for my current new build, the hard drive I have now is quite old and is starting to sound really loud and seems to be slowing down my boot up times and sometimes struggles to open files.

Could anybody recommend me the best, cheap SSD?

Will be using for OS, software & games.

Specs are in my sig, thanks!

Soldato
do you have a budget for the SSD and what size are you after? guessing 500gb or more if you want games as well?

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
they are good SSD's, you will wonder why you didn't get one sooner when you get your PC up and running with one.
I'm surprised in myself that I already haven't got one tbh, only recently upgraded after years of running my old machine. New build was well overdue. Will make that SSD the next thing on my list to get.

Soldato
I'm surprised in myself that I already haven't got one tbh, only recently upgraded after years of running my old machine. New build was well overdue. Will make that SSD the next thing on my list to get.

You will never go back to a HDD after using a SSD. im using mine on a sata 2 port so only get around 280mb read and write as the sata 3 controller on my old x58 mobo is terrible. still notice a big difference in speed over a HDD tho.

a few things I would do before installing the OS on to the SSD.

1. Make sure the sata ports are set to ACHI in the bios before you install windows as it maybe set to IDE.
2. when installing the OS make sure the SSD is the only drive connected as windows may try to install bits on to any other HDDs that are detected during install.

Associate
OP
You will never go back to a HDD after using a SSD. im using mine on a sata 2 port so only get around 280mb read and write as the sata 3 controller on my old x58 mobo is terrible. still notice a big difference in speed over a HDD tho.

a few things I would do before installing the OS on to the SSD.

1. Make sure the sata ports are set to ACHI in the bios before you install windows as it maybe set to IDE.
2. when installing the OS make sure the SSD is the only drive connected as windows may try to install bits on to any other HDDs that are detected during install.
Right okay sweet, thanks for the heads up. I will have to see if my mobo has a sata 3 controller then, it should do though.

Soldato
Yeah that's my mobo, ahhh yeah nice, I knew I had them obviously because my HDD is connected to 1 of the ports now, just didnt know they was 6gb/s. Guessing thats fast then haha

you should get the full speed from the SSD then

- Sequential Read: 540Mbps
- Sequential Write: 520Mbps

Back
Top Bottom