Looking to lower CPU temps

Soldato
OP
OK so she didnt like 1.25 at all a crashed almost immediately. Ive pushed it up to 1.27 and running prime95 now. I havent touched the load line calibration....i dont know what that is.

Soldato
Regarding the not remembering your fan settings every reboot, I saw that when I first messed with MSI Control Center, and it turned out to be because the BIOS settings would override the Control Center settings. I could get around it (if I remember correctly) by lowering the fan RPM in BIOS below what my Control Center RPM setting was. But eventually I just did the settings in the BIOS itself and scrapped Control Centre. HTH maybe.

Soldato
OP
Regarding the not remembering your fan settings every reboot, I saw that when I first messed with MSI Control Center, and it turned out to be because the BIOS settings would override the Control Center settings. I could get around it (if I remember correctly) by lowering the fan RPM in BIOS below what my Control Center RPM setting was. But eventually I just did the settings in the BIOS itself and scrapped Control Centre. HTH maybe.
In the end i just scrapped click bios and the control center and went for Speedfan. After setup i would never go back. Its not pretty but its brilliant

Last edited:
Soldato
Load line calibration (LLC) prevents the voltage dropping under load. On some motherboards if you set a voltage of say 1.3V in bios without any LLC then it would drop to 1.2V under load. Which obviously affects stability cause under load is when you need vcore. Raising the LLC level counter acts this but it can go to far, if you LLC is too high you could set a voltage of 1.3v and find under load that voltage spikes to something ridiculous like 1.45v.

For your motherboard it is listed as Vdroop control. You'll have to play around to find the right balance.

Soldato
OP
Load line calibration (LLC) prevents the voltage dropping under load. On some motherboards if you set a voltage of say 1.3V in bios without any LLC then it would drop to 1.2V under load. Which obviously affects stability cause under load is when you need vcore. Raising the LLC level counter acts this but it can go to far, if you LLC is too high you could set a voltage of 1.3v and find under load that voltage spikes to something ridiculous like 1.45v.

For your motherboard it is listed as Vdroop control. You'll have to play around to find the right balance.
The only options i seem to get here are AUTO and Low Vdroop.... Lol droop...... that makes me snigger :D

Associate
thats a good case, my son has it! I do not like case setups where one air current is fighting another, the old wind tunnel has been going for years and works! You should have another push air fan at the front.

Normal 2 blowing in and 1 sucking out in the same direction.

And as others have said , try and lower vt, bit by bit, maybe you can get the same Mhz at a lower vt.

I know people will say different - I put a pea size or even less, then I use a cut down credit card and gently scrape the mass over my cpu. You are filling imperfections on the die and heatsink, holes we cannot see. I have used this method on so many builds, because i get better results. Its as much metal to metal that gives best temps, not a sandwich layer, i.e metal - paste - metal

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yes i will add another fan to the front at the bottom. Ive got her stable at 1.28 at 4.2Ghz so happy with that at the moment. Temps are ok if not a little high but i know thats because ive gone for quiet over cooling.

Thanks all

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom