• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Looks like my 1080Ti is holding up well..

Associate
OP
It wasn't exactly a cheap card at the time so it's good to hear it has some life left in it :)

Yeah, kinda did OK on that - grabbed one when the last batches were being sold after the RTX series cards came along. It was ~£600 versus ~£850 for the 2080 version with the same cooler. Like you say, not cheap, but about as much as I could stomach for a graphics card! :D

Associate
Bagged mine for £500 last September, no regrets! Speaks volumes about the state of the market when only one card beats it by a significant margin 2.5 years later, at a very high price to boot.

Soldato
I wanted to see 4k benchmarks, because when I had a 1080ti I only used it for 4k.

Yeah, anyone who got a 1080Ti, has certainly got their moneys worth :)

I went from 1080ti to 2080ti. And I got my money's worth as well because I managed to sell my 1080ti for a handsome amount which covered nearly half the 2080ti.

Associate
I wanted to see 4k benchmarks, because when I had a 1080ti I only used it for 4k.

I went from 1080ti to 2080ti. And I got my money's worth as well because I managed to sell my 1080ti for a handsome amount which covered nearly half the 2080ti.

What a silly argument. The hyperinflated 2080ti doesn't justify its cost just because you got a good deal on the 1080ti. Opportunity cost.

Man of Honour
What a silly argument. The hyperinflated 2080ti doesn't justify its cost just because you got a good deal on the 1080ti. Opportunity cost.

It justifies its cost because it does want its owner needs it to do.

I am also very happy with my setup as it is about as good as it gets for gaming.

Yes I would like to have paid less for my cards but it is what it is.

Time for a bit of Civ5.

Caporegime
1080Ti still a cracking card and will be for a while yet :)

RTX a load of horse**** for a few more years.

edit - Mate of mine is still running a 2500K/980Ti with a 1440p Gsync screen absolutely fine!! Also a great card that'll last him a couple more years.

Soldato
The 1080ti was/is a fantastic bit of kit, as was the 980ti before it. You (at the time) paid a premium for those cards but you knew you were getting fantastic performance and a card that would probably last you for years to come. For those that were happy to keep their hardware for long periods of time there was an argument to be made that it was better to spend £400-500 once every 4-5 years over £200-300 every 2-3, one I more or less agreed with. It's a shame the same can't really be said now, the 2080ti is insanely expensive for what it is, hell even mid range cards are awfully expensive now.

Soldato
Happy with mine here. Mostly lazy to change them all out a hardline loop and reblock the new GPU's, but also not enough performance uplift, not that I need it as I do not really use my rig intensively anymore, but they are very solid cards. done astonishingly well when I was using them for work and likewise for gaming chew through most things at 3440 x 1440. With that said, I do have a forth 1080Ti strix in my HTPC and that is getting used for 4k gaming, can see it does get taxed a fair bit and an upgrade would be ideal, but even then, a capable beast when given an OC and running under water, likely replace that one with next gen, hopefully we also see HDMI freesync support with those to go with VRR on TV's!!!

Man of Honour
1080 Ti is still a very nice card.

I have some of the original Pascal Titans which are about the same performance, I will be converting them back to their standard air coolers soon to use as needed.

Soldato

It does for me, I was happy to spend the 1080ti price each generation for a new GPU - and even though the 2080ti is massively overpriced - I got half the cost back from selling the 1080ti, so in the end I never broke the bank with the 2080ti purchase, it was within my GPU budget.

Associate
I'm guessing the 1080 Ti is the last card of its kind, in that all future cards have been / will be cleverly designed and overpriced to become obsolete and invoke buyer's remorse in no time.

Back
Top Bottom