• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Looks like my 1080Ti is holding up well..

Associate
Aged much better than the 780ti, although that could be due to stagnation in the higher end of GPU performance and no games using high end hardware unless you go to 4k

Associate
It does for me, I was happy to spend the 1080ti price each generation for a new GPU - and even though the 2080ti is massively overpriced - I got half the cost back from selling the 1080ti, so in the end I never broke the bank with the 2080ti purchase, it was within my GPU budget.

You got back 500-600$ from selling the 1080ti and spent $1100-1200 on the 2080ti. This is the reality. By your narrative, it's almost as if you've got a bargain or something on your purchase. You didn't. You spent the full amount on a hyperinflated card. If that makes you happy and you can afford it, then it's all good.

I just picked up on your subconscious justification for the 2080ti and it's important that people understand opportunity cost.

Man of Honour
You got back 500-600$ from selling the 1080ti and spent $1100-1200 on the 2080ti. This is the reality. By your narrative, it's almost as if you've got a bargain or something on your purchase. You didn't. You spent the full amount on a hyperinflated card. If that makes you happy and you can afford it, then it's all good.

I just picked up on your subconscious justification for the 2080ti and it's important that people understand opportunity cost.

I just picked up on your subconscious dislike for the 2080ti and it's important that people understand this.:D

You keep on about the cost of these cards and yes we all know this already, you have already made your views clear and perhaps it is now time to let people enjoy their cards.

For the record the MSI 5700 XT is a really nice card and looks very much like an RTX Titan in styling.:D

Associate
I just picked up on your subconscious dislike for the 2080ti and it's important that people understand this.:D

You keep on about the cost of these cards and yes we all know this already, you have already made your views clear and perhaps it is now time to let people enjoy their cards.

For the record the MSI 5700 XT is a really nice card and looks very much like an RTX Titan in styling.:D

I don't dislike the 2080ti--it's a great card. I dislike people for enabling Nvidia to get away with pernicious pricefixing. Big navi can't arrive soon enough to dismantle this scam.

Associate
Got my Zotac amp extreme on first day available as pre ordered. Have money burning a hole in my pocket for the 3080ti or perhaps a AMD card if it goes a bit faster than the 2080ti. Have nearly broken because have been tempted for that extra performance for VR. But I know if I did pull the trigger I would be mugging myself off, So it sits in the bank instead.

Man of Honour
I don't dislike the 2080ti--it's a great card. I dislike people for enabling Nvidia to get away with pernicious pricefixing. Big navi can't arrive soon enough to dismantle this scam.

NVidia are asking a fair price for what you are getting with the Turing cards as they use huge chunks of silicon which will have quite poor yields.

The problem with Turing is lots of people don't want or need Ray Tracing and the other new features.

Turing pricing is not a scam, it is the result of NVidia trying to produce a product that really should only have seen the light of day on 7nm or better.

Soldato
NVidia are asking a fair price for what you are getting with the Turing cards as they use huge chunks of silicon which will have quite poor yields.

The problem with Turing is lots of people don't want or need Ray Tracing and the other new features.

Turing pricing is not a scam, it is the result of NVidia trying to produce a product that really should only have seen the light of day on 7nm or better.

I spend 99 quid on Turing once I sold my 1080Ti, for a 2070 Super, I find ray tracing intriguing and like to dabble with it with a card that can at least run it at 30fps. Feel it was worth the 99 quid to at least have a play with RTX in the future.

Associate
I bought a 1080ti just before the 20xx series was released. It's the first top tier tech I've ever bought and I have no regrets (except for not buying it earlier).

The extra RAM in the 1080ti vs the 2080 and similar enough pricing persuaded me. Was very happy with the performance at 1440p ultrawide, and even happier when the reviews finally dropped showing the 2080 as basically equivalent.

Hopefully the 1080ti will be the 8800GTX of it's time...

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Enough of the pointless posts in this thread making endless comments about the price of the 2080 Ti cards.

I am going to do some gaming on my PC.:p

tAs9CXO.jpg

They are the ultimate bling of graphics cards and you can actually admire them on an open bench. Kudos to you, sir.

Bit rich for my tastes. :p

Soldato

Fair enough, as I said though - I'm happy to drop $700usd on a new GPU each generation and that to me is all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom