Loop drain advice

Soldato
I'm trying to drain my loop for the first time but could use a little help. I've only managed to get about 2/3 of the fluid out and in the image below the tube from pump to CPU is still full of fluid. The tube from pump to top rad and the tube from GPU to bottom rad also have a little fluid in them.

I've tried tilting the case every which way but i cant get it to shift. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ElmKCv3.jpg

Man of Honour
If the tube from the CPU to the GPU is empty, you could remove the CPU block with the hoses still attached then when it's away from the GPU/MOBO you could then empty the hoses from the CPU block to the pump, that'll allow you to go from there?

Associate
Hi looking at that it looks hard to drain and bleed?

What was the reasoning you didn't put bottom rad on the side where pump/res is bolted to?
I'd put bracket for res/pump onto one of those fans on base as the low point and turn round so out goes to rad and in comes from gpu and have a T on that next to inlet.
you could run rad with in/outs at bottom or top top would be easier to bleed bottom would be easier to drain! which could also be your low point?

Top rad do you have fans pushing or pulling? i'd put board side pushing that way gain a bit of room below in/outlets plus down side as would be narrower across fans than rad

Soldato
OP
@area51

I didn't put the bottom rad on the side because the ports would have to be on the bottom (there's just not enough clearance with the top rad) and i thought the tubing runs would be uglier.

I'm considering putting there any way when i rebuild the loop mostly so i can soft mount the pump/res on the bottom of the case.

Associate
@area51

I didn't put the bottom rad on the side because the ports would have to be on the bottom (there's just not enough clearance with the top rad) and i thought the tubing runs would be uglier.

I'm considering putting there any way when i rebuild the loop mostly so i can soft mount the pump/res on the bottom of the case.

Hi if you mount fans inside instead of on top of rad you pull back some room to breath and how about if you mount rad on other side of panel on side? you might even be able to put fans that side also? then mount pump over bottom fan?
Other one is a decent 240 rad instead? which think mounts half way so top reachable between both rads?

I'm in process of changing my bits round.

Soldato
OP
Hi if you mount fans inside instead of on top of rad you pull back some room to breath and how about if you mount rad on other side of panel on side? you might even be able to put fans that side also? then mount pump over bottom fan?
Other one is a decent 240 rad instead? which think mounts half way so top reachable between both rads?

I'm in process of changing my bits round.

Unfortunately the thin rad doesn't actually fit on the other side of the back panel as its too wide and hits all cables and pcb for the front panel i/o.

Associate
Unfortunately the thin rad doesn't actually fit on the other side of the back panel as its too wide and hits all cables and pcb for the front panel i/o.

Does look a bit of an odd one what make/brand/breed is it? is it to the side it is against pcb/cables? and guess it don't have a bleed screw at other end to help?

Soldato
OP
Does look a bit of an odd one what make/brand/breed is it? is it to the side it is against pcb/cables? and guess it don't have a bleed screw at other end to help?

It's a Hardware Labs 360 GTS - this guy shows how he modded his case to make the rad fit. I dont really want to do that though, it's the kind of thing i'd mess up.

I cant say i know what a bleed screw is to perfectly honest :)

Associate
It's a Hardware Labs 360 GTS - this guy shows how he modded his case to make the rad fit. I dont really want to do that though, it's the kind of thing i'd mess up.

I cant say i know what a bleed screw is to perfectly honest :)

Fitting in opposite end some have a small screw/bolt others a cap they was talking about when you posted on setting it all out.

Had a look and thought that was what it was when checked.

How much room from main panel to inside of left side panel? I'd put top fans in push mode as gets good rating that way but gives more room to play with.

Back
Top Bottom