Lord Triesman Alleges Fifa Corruption

Soldato
http://t.co/xaMr2LL

Not that many of us had any doubt....

Trinidad and Tobago FA chief and Fifa executive Jack Warner, who denies any wrongdoing, asked for £2.5m to be channelled through him.

The former FA boss also alleged Paraguayan Fifa executive Nicolas Leoz asked for a knighthood in exchange for his backing of England's 2018 bid.

And Lord Triesman said Thailand's Fifa executive Worawi Makudi asked for a friendly to be set up between his country and England, in exchange for his World Cup 2018 host vote. - with the TV rights money going to him I may add.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :mad:

Associate
He also apparently said that the Scudamore said the PL would refuse to back the bid unless the FA supported the 39th game abroad idea, which I'm just trying to confirm. Ridiculous sytems.

Edit/ Ah, unless he agreed to drop any opposition to it. Well well.

Caporegime
Would you prefer he didn't expose the corruption?

I'd prefer him to of sorted out the FA first and foremost.

While exposing the corruption within FIFA is undoubtedly a good thing, it's just funny how nobody cared until it effected England and the English media could use it as an excuse to why the lost the bid.

Hopefully FIFA can evolve and become a better organisation from this, I hope the FA could also sort themselves out and become a better organisation, I just find it funny / hypocritical that the FA can pick up on the problems any other organisation has.

It's a bit like Fritzl criticising the McCann's parenting.

Last edited:

AGD

AGD

Soldato

While exposing the corruption within FIFA is undoubtedly a good thing, it's just funny how nobody cared until it effected England and the English media could use it as an excuse to why the lost the bid.

Hopefully FIFA can evolve and become a better organisation from this, I hope the FA could also sort themselves out and become a better organisation, I just find it funny / hypocritical that the FA can pick up on the problems any other organisation has.

The FA aren't being hypocritical - lord triesman is not part of the FA - I'm not sure if the FA has even commented on the issue.

Caporegime
Its a joke, its politics, its common place to give a vote for an incentive, thats a far way from really bad corruption.

The REAL corruption was someone who would benefit from a large paycheck, convincing people we had a shot at the World Cup in the first place, for going on 10 years Fifa have made it completely, 100% clear they intend for the world cup to go to new continents and new hosts to "spread" football. I have no issue with that, but this has been the case for YEARS.

Anyone like Triesman prancing around telling our government we had a real shot at getting the world cup was flat out lying.

The only reason Brazil got a world cup is because, unfortunately, no one else put in a bid in South America, its almost certain that if ANY country who hadn't hosted it before put a bid in against Brazil, they'd have got it. FIfa have said the situation with Brazil was unintended and it was the ONLY reason single continent bidding was removed, so that particular situation didn't happen again, the underlying goal of new countries, and continents if possible was their main aim with world cup bids.

All this adds up to England spending a single penny on a bid being a waste and everyone should have known this years ago.

Associate

Why is every post of yours in response to criticism usually along the lines of 'sort your own house first'?

Headline: "Police arrest rapist"

Tummydrone: "Police should be less corrupt before they arrest rapists"

Etc.

Can't we ever discuss someone's viewpoint without the arbitrarily Dail Mail-esque calls of 'hypocrisy' being thrown in every second post? Especially when said 'hypocrite' isn't even speaking for the organisation you mentioned in the first place, as mentioned.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Aye, regardless of what he did prior he has nothing to lose describing the so called bidding process, thats what I'm so annoyed at. The chief executives of other FIFA nations not involved in hosting the event basically hoe themselves out to the hightest bidder.

Trinidad and Tobago FA chief and Fifa executive Jack Warner asking for money to be given to him is a joke. Saying he'll spend it wisely on his legacy, probably cost him 250k and keep the rest.......hello my name is fraud.

and how Thailand's Fifa executive Worawi Makudi wanting the TV rights money of a friendly anything other than fraud?

There shouldn't be any bidding or agreeing to votes in the first place. Terrible way of doing things, and Sepp has them in his pocket getting to stay on for another term...:mad:

Caporegime
Why is every post of yours in response to criticism usually along the lines of 'sort your own house first'?

Headline: "Police arrest rapist"

Tummydrone: "Police should be less corrupt before they arrest rapists"

Etc.

Can't we ever discuss someone's viewpoint without the arbitrarily Dail Mail-esque calls of 'hypocrisy' being thrown in every second post? Especially when said 'hypocrite' isn't even speaking for the organisation you mentioned in the first place, as mentioned.

I don't remember saying anything like that. I wasn't aware "every" post of mine in response to criticism was usually along those lines.

I don't think that anyone who headed such an awful organisation is in the position to criticise another, even after he's left. The FA aren't whiter then white.

As has been said, he has nothing to lose, this comes in nicely with Blatters (re)election campagin, but he's said if he wins he will step down in 2015 anyway. I know that Platty is out in support so that's most people at UEFA voting for him I'd guess.

Also, Jack Warner after more money? :p Never! He's probably the most corrupt person ever in sport :D Wasn't he in charge of a country at some point as well? :D

Last edited:
Associate
Fat cats at FIFA trying to get fatter.

Dodgy dealing & backhanders whilst appearing whiter-than-white. Like MP's the lot of 'em and accountable to no-one.

Blatter will only do something when it suits him.

The game is run by money grabbing old-men with no idea.

Soldato
I don't remember saying anything like that. I wasn't aware "every" post of mine in response to criticism was usually along those lines.

I don't think that anyone who headed such an awful organisation is in the position to criticise another, even after he's left. The FA aren't whiter then white.

As has been said, he has nothing to lose, this comes in nicely with Blatters (re)election campagin, but he's said if he wins he will step down in 2015 anyway. I know that Platty is out in support so that's most people at UEFA voting for him I'd guess.

Also, Jack Warner after more money? :p Never! He's probably the most corrupt person ever in sport :D Wasn't he in charge of a country at some point as well? :D
You do know he got fired after daring to suggest that the Spanish FA might have tried to bribe refs, don't you?

And that he was hardly in the job long enough to have done much about getting our house in order?

Lastly, do you have anything in particular that you're accusing the FA of being corrupt towards?

Back
Top Bottom