Lord Triesman Alleges Fifa Corruption

Caporegime
You do know he got fired after daring to suggest that the Spanish FA might have tried to bribe refs, don't you?

And that he was hardly in the job long enough to have done much about getting our house in order?

Lastly, do you have anything in particular that you're accusing the FA of being corrupt towards?

haha! I know he got fired / resigned after the Spanish thing yup.

I didn't know he'd not been in charge too long nope, thought he was in a lot longer, probably getting him and Barwick confused.

Corruption works both ways, English FA trying to bribe FIFA, means they're both as bad as each other.

Man of Honour
Lastly, do you have anything in particular that you're accusing the FA of being corrupt towards?

I'd accuse the FA of being useless in general and inconsistent in how they deal with people and teams but they're hardly unique in that regard when compared to the FA of any other nation. I'd also not be inclined to ascribe it to malice either, I suspect incompetence is easily sufficient to explain it.

I guess it's a well done to Lord Triesman for stating that FIFA is corrupt as it needs some incentive to change and it appears as if public pressure is about the only chance that it might given they seem to show no desire to change otherwise.

Associate
I don't remember saying anything like that. I wasn't aware "every" post of mine in response to criticism was usually along those lines.

I don't think that anyone who headed such an awful organisation is in the position to criticise another, even after he's left. The FA aren't whiter then white.

As has been said, he has nothing to lose, this comes in nicely with Blatters (re)election campagin, but he's said if he wins he will step down in 2015 anyway. I know that Platty is out in support so that's most people at UEFA voting for him I'd guess.

Also, Jack Warner after more money? :p Never! He's probably the most corrupt person ever in sport :D Wasn't he in charge of a country at some point as well? :D
Somehow I thought you wouldn't 'get it'.

The point is you consistently talk about him rather than what he's talking about, which seems to be a common theme with any 'idea' you seem to put forward.

I didn't know his statements were constantly prefaced with "I speak on behalf on the FA and we are 'whiter than white'...".

Soldato
Somehow I thought you wouldn't 'get it'.

The point is you consistently talk about him rather than what he's talking about, which seems to be a common theme with any 'idea' you seem to put forward.

I didn't know his statements were constantly prefaced with "I speak on behalf on the FA and we are 'whiter than white'...".
It's almost like you're new to the Football forum. Haven't you heard the "Yeah but your players dive/foul/cheat/go dogging, so you have no grounds to judge!!" defence? It's water tight, you know. ;)

I'd accuse the FA of being useless in general and inconsistent in how they deal with people and teams but they're hardly unique in that regard when compared to the FA of any other nation. I'd also not be inclined to ascribe it to malice either, I suspect incompetence is easily sufficient to explain it.

I guess it's a well done to Lord Triesman for stating that FIFA is corrupt as it needs some incentive to change and it appears as if public pressure is about the only chance that it might given they seem to show no desire to change otherwise.
Incompetent and inconsistent, yes, but I haven't particularly seen any evidence that the FA is particularly corrupt, which is why I was asking Tummy what his accusations were. I'm not saying they aren't, just that I haven't heard any news to the contrary.

Caporegime
Fifa has written to the FA to ask for "a complete report from Lord Triesman", including "any and all documentary evidence at his disposal". A statement said: "In his letter to the FA, the Fifa secretary general expresses the extreme concern of Fifa and the Fifa president at the latest allegations questioning the integrity of some Fifa executive committee members."

Fifa's Jack Warner 'laughed like hell' at latest corruption claims. :D

Guardian.

Soldato
As much as I found the uproar about the World Cup bid hilarious, I have no doubt that FIFA is bent as hell. I'd recommend Andrew Jennings book 'FOUL! The Secret World of FIFA'. Without hard evidence you need to take the book with a pinch of salt, but an awful lot of the accusations and anecdotes seem to make an awful lot of sense.

Back
Top Bottom