Lotus are making a hypercar. Meet the Type 130 - Evija

Soldato
Oh dear, I’d quietly forgotten that had ever existed.

It was actually a very interesting bit of kit, with some really great construction ideas. Lotus did the planetary gearbox, and also redesigned the chassis, using two stamped bits of sheet metal spot welded into frame, that was lighter and stronger.

Soldato
Looks fantastic. But yet another pointless poser mobile that will be utterly undriveable on normal roads, and on track in the hands of is mortals.

On track probably not as quick as expected for 1900hp, due to the weight.

These cars get bought as investments because they are way to expensive to actually USE (unless you're a Sheik).

Soldato
The car looks like a piece of art, not sure about that huge wing though when it’s out.

Given the Tesla P100D will do sub 2.5, weighs 500kg more, narrower rubber and half the power. Surely this must be touching 2.0 if it can get the power down?

The range and recharge speed appear to be a bit ambitious given the size of the pack. I’ll believe those when I see them.

Any estimates to how long it will last when driven at full power? Half hour? Not that it will ever go close to a track for anything other than a magazine test, this cars home is on Knightsbridge.

Soldato
The car looks like a piece of art, not sure about that huge wing though when it’s out.

Given the Tesla P100D will do sub 2.5, weighs 500kg more, narrower rubber and half the power. Surely this must be touching 2.0 if it can get the power down?

The range and recharge speed appear to be a bit ambitious given the size of the pack. I’ll believe those when I see them.

Any estimates to how long it will last when driven at full power? Half hour? Not that it will ever go close to a track for anything other than a magazine test, this cars home is on Knightsbridge.
Might be approaching the limit of grip with the tyres anyway.

Back
Top Bottom