Lower your mask

Man of Honour
Thought of putting this in Cuisine, but I think that it may be more suited to GD.
I’ve been emailing back and forth with friends in the U.S. about lockdowns, shielding and what not, and one friend in NYC, another in Wildwood N.J., and one in Crystal River FL told of a disturbing trend that has started in restaurants over there.
A couple of guys together, or a group of guys, have been demanding that their waitress lowers her mask when she presents the bill at the end of the meal, saying that they need to check how “hot’ she is, in order to determine how much to tip her.
Naturally this has gone down like a lead balloon among the waitresses in establishments where this has occurred, leading to lots of verbal sparring and bad feeling.
I can imagine a lot of “accidental” spilling of red wine, or hot coffee on any man foolish enough to try that in some London restaurants, and quite right too.

Caporegime
Are we actually talking about restaurants of some strip joints here? I thought this type of thing, ie favouritism of one staff member over another, was one of the main reasons why the sharing of tips out at the end of the night has been used for many a long year...well, at least over here. I can't actually remember the last time I even thought a tip would go to an individual at all. Mind, they did put Trump in office...

Soldato
What is this thread. What exactly is the point of debating this?

It's just another in the long line of 'things that never happened' by this person. It's the reason he was banned from another forum before he showed up here. Just surprised they didn't manage to shoehorn a reference to black cabs in there too.

Soldato
It's just another in the long line of 'things that never happened' by this person. It's the reason he was banned from another forum before he showed up here. Just surprised they didn't manage to shoehorn a reference to black cabs in there too.
What do you mean "never happened"? It's clearly illustrated in the pdf I provided-paragraph 4?

Underboss

OP didn't mention the specific location in Wildwood, N.J.

Something must be amiss.

Caporegime
Well isn't that a small world! I was recently participating in a telegram conversation with some friends in America too, one is in Charlotte North Carolina, one is in Houston Texas, and one is in Kingsport Tennessee. They were remarking how they kept having to lower their masks to express their amazement at some works of fiction that people keep writing on the internet, imagine that :eek:

Back
Top Bottom