Lucia Light Simulator Mind Machines....A scam..

Associate
I realise this is an old thread, but may be still of interest to some people.

It's be interesting if anyone is able to try out the Lucia Light machine device and compare their experience against the much less expensive products.

As mentioned before, the strobe glasses in conjunction with PC software have been available for brain entrainment. Many years now. So where does Lucia fit in.

I think Lucia is a different class of device for different applications, more experiental than brain entrainment. Just reading from the specification on the Lucia website gives this impression.

I am hoping to borrow a similar device for a short time to try out called Pandorastar. If succesfull, I can let you know how that experience goes as It has a number of preset program that I can use all day.

http://pandorastar.co.uk/

Soldato
Now from what i have seen from the various videos of Lucia in action...the technology used is the same as these consumer devices HOWEVER...in their "research" i suspect Engelbert and Dirk have hit upon a frequency or range of frequencies that have induced a similar experience in volunteers as an out of body experience. (google if you want to know what this is).

So... capitalism then? Not sharing data with the scientific community is not a scam.

If none of the machine work then I'm not really sure why you are singling out this company.

Associate
I did have an account on here, but its been so long since I played online games , LAN parties or reconfigured PC's for fun. So new account created.

Associate
I've found this forum to be at times a tad infuriating. However threads like this make it worth sticking around for as I literally just read it all with a dumbfounded smile on face. I have no idea what any of it is about, at all.

Soldato
I had a go on one of those machines at Glastonbury or Phoenix or somewhere in the mid 90s.

Was quite relaxing considering.

Caporegime
I must be missing something but I don't need to use some crackpot light emitting mind machine to get an "experience". :p

Sounds to me that you're just envious because you didn't think of this money making scheme yourself. ;)

This. Same can be said for coffee shop chains where people will happily pay a fiver for something where the ingredients cost less than the paper cup its served in.

Soldato
OP
Thread resurrection lol.. Was in London at the weekend. Did have faint hope of trying the Lucia but it wasn't available. There's a company that is doing a Lucia tour across the world. in the US atm texas i think.

Let us know how you get on with the Pandorastar :)

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks Surfer. I hope to hear at some point this year about the device and have my 3 day trial.

Once I've spent the first day playing around with the pre-programmed sessions, I'll look at how it can be used for optimizing health.

Other cheaper ways to inducing a heightened state of consciousness are through the use of drums or gongs. Better than drug-induced ones from the pov of being more conscious during the experience.

Associate
I was unable to obtain a 3 day trial of the device. I will ask again for one. Last time I checked they hadn't arranged appropriate insurance before processing with allowing anyone to try it out.

I was able to try the device out for one afternoon in Manchester and found the following:

The pre-set programs we used that day very quickly (within minutes) altered my state of awareness. much much faster than any meditation, even if you're well practised in those techniques.

What I was seeing through closed eyes was a kaleidoscope type image that I could pick a fragment of the image and dive into. The images were fast moving, so for some sessions I felt best to allow things to happen and not to control anything.

Here's an area dedicated to the device:
PandoraStar Area Video

Hope to obtain a device this year and spend plenty of time seeing how useful it could be as there are over 60 programmed sessions in the device for different purposes.

It's one of those product for a small market of very determined people (with cash) who want to explore consciousness deeper and wider.

On first glance it seems like a "lite" version of a much more expensive device (Lucia) developed in Europe, at least in its purpose.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just video it on your phone when it is in the 'out of body' program then play back frame by frame and count the frames between, and duration of, the light flashes. Low quality at 60 fps should do it.

Back
Top Bottom