M.2 Intel vs Samsung

Associate
Looking to fit an m.2 ssd into my system.
Wondering if there is any noticeable differences between the Intel drives and the Samsung ones?

Samsung 970 are more expensive than the Intel drives. Happy to pay more if quality is better, but also happy to save some £ if possible

Anyone have first hand experience with both?

Associate
Looking to fit an m.2 ssd into my system.
Wondering if there is any noticeable differences between the Intel drives and the Samsung ones?

Samsung 970 are more expensive than the Intel drives. Happy to pay more if quality is better, but also happy to save some £ if possible

Anyone have first hand experience with both?
Can't go wrong with either. You have to list the ones you are specifically interested in so they can be compared. Most people factor in cost, speed, endurance and warranty.

Associate
If you're talking about the Intel 760p, yes it is slower than the Samsung one. The Intel ones however should be pretty reliable.

Unless you're running specific tasks, you will probably not notice the difference between the Samsung and the Intel one. I installed an Intel 900p (optane, not flash memory, 3DXPoint memory) which is the quickest storage you can get, and did not notice a difference in Windows in comparison to my old SATA Plextor M5P.

Back
Top Bottom