M1 Closed (Jct 14 - Jct 15)

Associate
Saw this yesterday and still can't understand why traffic wasn't turned around quicker. Do it all the time down here in Herts at Fatal accidents so why not for this. Different force so different policies may be. Still seems daft to leave people sitting there for hours though

Soldato
The M3 closure added 30 mins to my journey to Gatwick this morning, I can't imagine how bad it was by mid morning when everyone else was on the roads! On the way home I came off a junction before the closure and went down a national speed limit road that runs literally alongside, parallel to the motorway between Basingstoke and Winchester, and it was deserted!

Commissario
Begs the question, what exactly is an acceptable level of damage?
Something minor/surface only/cosmetic that can still be safely driven over until a more leisurely repair at a quiet time.
I suspect the issue with chemicals is that it can seep into the surface and do damage to the lower layer, or may change the composition of the surface (weaken it) without it being immediately visible, so if it's a known corrosive they can't risk it.

Going by one of the roads near me something like slight surface scarring due to heat might be ok*, but anything that actually melted the surface would be repair time.

*There is a road near me where it looks like a car caught fire or something but only blackened the surface of the road.

Associate
Must have been quite the task!

What if... remember that body that was found on the M1 a few months back? What if it's these guys again but they stepped up their game after it being found last time so they dressed it up as a bomb to have the police dispose of the evidence for them... :eek:

Is this a confession? ;)

Back
Top Bottom