Mac Lost in post advice

Associate
Hi everyone bit of an annoying situation here looking for some advice…

I recently bought an Airbook Mac M2 chip. It has now been officially lost in post. Costco tried to contact the delivery company but they cannot track the parcel.

I have asked Costco for the serial number to file a crime/police report but they do not have it. Is this true?
Surely Costco knows what they get from Apple and know which ones they send out to people by serial??

KR,

Mike

Soldato
As above, not really any of your business - it's not your chip. Either ask Costco for a replacement or a refund. It's down to them if they wish to file a police report.

Associate
OP
I suppose it’s a bit personal someone has my laptop!

So if the retailer doesn’t have the serial then what happens?? Can’t Apple trace it somehow?

Like if someone took it and turned it on and assigned their AppleID to the Mac couldn’t Apple find the Mac???

Soldato
I suppose it’s a bit personal someone has my laptop!

So if the retailer doesn’t have the serial then what happens?? Can’t Apple trace it somehow?

Like if someone took it and turned it on and assigned their AppleID to the Mac couldn’t Apple find the Mac???
It's not though is it? It's Costcos until it reaches your front door and you take delivery...

Man of Honour
I have asked Costco for the serial number to file a crime/police report but they do not have it. Is this true?

Any retailer that doesn't record the serial number on such expensive items would have to be a moron, but as said above, delivery is not YOUR risk, it is their risk. They can't say "oh, the courier lost it, sorry, bye".

Associate
OP
Yes I have just asked for a refund but they want more information …. Now I have asked Costco if they can find out if the laptop was stolen and they have said there is no way to find out if someone has activated it?

Soldato
Yes I have just asked for a refund but they want more information …. Now I have asked Costco if they can find out if the laptop was stolen and they have said there is no way to find out if someone has activated it?
what more info!? you didn't receive the laptop, that's the end of it. and why do you keep asking them if they can find out if it has been stolen or activated. starting to sound like you've received it but are pulling a flanker and are trying to figure out if you'll get rumbled :p

Man of Honour
Hi everyone bit of an annoying situation here looking for some advice…

I recently bought an Airbook Mac M2 chip. It has now been officially lost in post.
What do you mean by officially lost? Have the courier declared it as missing?

Costco tried to contact the delivery company but they cannot track the parcel.
That’s Costco’s problem, but it could cause a delay in resolution if they cannot confirm the status of the parcel.

Surely Costco knows what they get from Apple and know which ones they send out to people by serial??
Don’t waste your time. It’s not your laptop and it’s not your problem to resolve. Costco are responsible for getting it to you safely and it is they who contract the courier. Your contract is with Costco, and if they do not deliver it is up to Costco to make it right. Once they can confirm that the laptop has gone missing they should refund or replace it immediately. Costco customer service is some of the best in the UK so it shouldn’t be a problem.

Soldato
Your life is going to be very hard unless you better manage people and stop being pushed around.

Based on what you've said in the first post, I'd have demanded a refund or replacement sent out immediately. The delivery company has confirmed it's not trackable, what more is there to say.

Them asking for more info would have resulted in me suggesting whether they would like me to phone my credit card company.

Man of Honour
Your life is going to be very hard unless you better manage people and stop being pushed around.

Based on what you've said in the first post, I'd have demanded a refund or replacement sent out immediately. The delivery company has confirmed it's not trackable, what more is there to say.

Them asking for more info would have resulted in me suggesting whether they would like me to phone my credit card company.
Been taking CS lessons from Norm?

Associate
As others stated, if the courier is stating the package is lost then it's a simple fix, costco refund or resend and they claim off insurance/shipping company. Not your issue to resolve really.

Back
Top Bottom