Mac Pro Users - Last Update Effecting Your Network Connection?

Soldato
My MBP doesn't get too hot, although I've seen pictures of the thermal paste they apply and it's awful. I may reapply some on mine whilst I'm upgrading the HDD.

Soldato
Hope you guys can help - my housemate has a MacPro, but has always suffered with a bad wi-fi signal quality. In her room, her MacBook gets a full signal whilst the MacPro gets low signal. I remember seeing a number of months back a guide which showed you how to physically change which antennas inside the case are used for Bluetooth and wi-fi. Anyone possibly have the link, I can't seem to find it.

Cheers for any help.

Soldato
Hi guys - this is a common problem with 10.4.10. Until Apple sort out a fix, most people have been re-installing OS X using their system CDs so that the version reverts back to 10.4.9.

Soldato
OP
Isotope said:
Hi guys - this is a common problem with 10.4.10. Until Apple sort out a fix, most people have been re-installing OS X using their system CDs so that the version reverts back to 10.4.9.

really? the network connections dropping through the ethernet ports on Mac Pros?

If so you have helped me a lot!

Rich

Soldato
titchard said:
really? the network connections dropping through the ethernet ports on Mac Pros?

If so you have helped me a lot!

Rich

I'm pretty sure it's screwed up the entire network controller, it's happening on WiFi and Ethernet.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Weirdest thing that happened to me was the MBP said it couldn't connect to my preferred network and then asked if I wanted to connect to the following network...

....my preferred network :rolleyes:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Justin said:
My MBP doesn't get too hot, although I've seen pictures of the thermal paste they apply and it's awful. I may reapply some on mine whilst I'm upgrading the HDD.
I wouldn't be too worried.. them stories have been around since the intel switchover.

(I remember the pictures floating around).. didn't realise people thought it was still a problem?

They've apparently sorted the problem now, so unless your really concious about the application (of the paste) then I wouldn't worry ;)

Back
Top Bottom