MacBook pro screen problem

Associate
My MacBook screen looks like it is maybe becoming unbonded around edge - along top and left hand side. I think this is caused from my fingers pressing on screen when opening up? I don't think they are scratches ? Does anyone else have this problem, or have they seen it; and is it something I can get fixed?

IMG_0321_zps8qjrcfry.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0322_zpsdesxpcjq.jpg
[/URL]

cheers

Last edited:

rpn

rpn

Associate
I have had the very exact problem with my 2013 MBP and Apple replaced the screen FOC.

It's a known fault and Apple is fully aware of the problem.

Associate
OP
I have had the very exact problem with my 2013 MBP and Apple replaced the screen FOC.

It's a known fault and Apple is fully aware of the problem.

Thanks for that :) thats made me much happier :)
I take it is a bonding problem ? do they swap out the whole macbook or just th screen?

will make it much easier as it is a known fault.

Soldato
Sounds like typical Apple Customer service, it's good to hear. I haven't witnessed this on either of my rMBP's but at least if I do I won't be screwed.

Let us know if you manage to get it sorted as the others here have done.

Soldato
Yeah, they were good about it. I'd taken mine in for a couple of keys I'd broken - the unit was my travel buddy so got a fair bit of abuse - put the screen thing down as an effect of that abuse. Fixed both for free in a few hours! Can't ask for more than that.

Associate
OP
Sounds like typical Apple Customer service, it's good to hear. I haven't witnessed this on either of my rMBP's but at least if I do I won't be screwed.

Let us know if you manage to get it sorted as the others here have done.

Taking mine in on Monday I will let you know how I get on

Yeah, they were good about it. I'd taken mine in for a couple of keys I'd broken - the unit was my travel buddy so got a fair bit of abuse - put the screen thing down as an effect of that abuse. Fixed both for free in a few hours! Can't ask for more than that.

Had mine done last week, took Milton Keynes Apple 2 hours and it was free.
In a few hours..Im hoping that will be how quick they will do mine.I don't really want to be without for a few days fingers crossed

after you got your screen replaced. best advice is put a screen protector on to prevent happening again!!

Already have one on order ;) really don't want this happening again thats for sure

Soldato
Yep, another here who partook in the replacement programme.

Of course then didn't I go and get what looks like a stone chip on the screen about a month after I'd just got it back from Apple all nice and new :(

It's not all that noticeable but when you do see it it's hard to pretend it's not there.

Not sure whether to just live with it now or get it repaired, again, although very much at my own this time.

Associate
OP
finally got to the Apple store today. I had appointment at 1:45 didn't get seen until 2:30..then they tell me its a really quick job, but it is going to take 10 days:mad:
Decided to bring it home again and try the Bedford store. I know they have done this Job in two hours. 10 days is ridiculous as far as I'm concerned..just cant be without it for that long.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
finally got to the Apple store today. I had appointment at 1:45 didn't get seen until 2:30..then they tell me its a really quick job, but it is going to take 10 days:mad:
Decided to bring it home again and try the Bedford store. I know they have done this Job in two hours. 10 days is ridiculous as far as I'm concerned..just cant be without it for that long.

Can they not call you when they have the part in?

Associate
OP
Can they not call you when they have the part in?
You would think wouldn't you. I asked if they could book in the repair and I would bring it in on the day...but they don't do that apparently. He just said to me try bringing it back in and maybe they will be able to do it sooner if its quiet. Going to take it back in next week, first thing when they open doors. If they can't do it then I guess I will leave it.

Soldato
Same problem with mine. Took it into the store to get a Magsafe replacement, Genius spotted the screen and offered to get it done FOC before I could ask!

Can anyone recommend a decent screen protector?

No need. Highly unlikely to get scratched in your pocket by house keys, or get dropped on the pavement screen down!

Back
Top Bottom