** macOS Sierra / OS X 10.12 **

• Thread starter Deleted member 651465
  • Start date

Si.

Si.

Soldato
So, I upgrades to Sierra last weekend but have had a lot of issues since, mainly with Finder hanging and giving me the beach ball.. Investigations seem to be pointing at it being an issue with the mapping to my WD Mycloud. I can read from it no problem, but I can create folders or copy any files to it anymore, I just get a generic error. Nothing has changes, still using the same account I've always used..

Any ideas before I try to revert to a backup?

Soldato
Everyone who is having issues from an upgrade;

Backup all your files and do a full install but make sure you format the drive before installing macOS. Guarantee your problems will go away.

I just had a response from Wacom support to say they're having reports of similar issues to mine from users who have upgraded to Sierra from El Captain.

Users who've done a fresh install of Sierra aren't suffering the same problems so it looks like your advice is correct.

However, I'm reluctant to format my machine and do a fresh install of Sierra because I need my MBP for work.

Apparently, they're working on a fix but there's no ETA for an updated driver…

Soldato
Our MD kindly updated a few of the works macs while we were out, and now most of our command lines tools are no longer working.

I have Sierra on my own laptop now and it seems good. I like Siri.

Soldato
Started new job and everyone uses mac's, so have updated mine. No problems yet (Hell, I have no idea if there was a problem), and to be honest, from someone who's never used a mac before, its pretty nice.

Never thought I'd say that.

Commissario
I've actually been using Siri on my iMac. I use her a lot on the phone but have started saying things like "play random xxx songs" with xxx being an artist.

Early stages but a simple and useful reason.

Soldato
macOS 10.12.1 has been released and is now available through the Mac App Store

This update:

- Adds an automatic smart album in Photos for Depth Effect images taken on iPhone 7 Plus
- Improves the compatibility of Microsoft Office when using iCloud Desktop and Documents
- Fixes an issue that may prevent Mail from updating when using a Microsoft Exchange account
- Fixes an issue that caused text to sometimes paste incorrectly when using Universal Clipboard
- Improves reliability of Auto Unlock with Apple Watch
- Improves security and stability in Safari

Last edited:
Commissario
I know that technically the .1 update isn't a combo but I'm struggling to find a standalone installer rather than getting it through the app store. I like to keep the latest updater.

Commissario
I know that technically the .1 update isn't a combo but I'm struggling to find a standalone installer rather than getting it through the app store. I like to keep the latest updater.

Thanks.
My request was on the 24th October, that download went live on the 27th... It wasn't there when I asked, I did search before I posted. :)

Caporegime
There seems to be some sort of mission control feature in Safari that i've triggered a few times unknowingly, it displays all the open tabs but in a mission control type way. Does anyone here know what the gesture is for that? It's useful, i'm just not sure how i'm triggering it. Can't seem to find the correct terminology to find it on Google either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom