magman's 25000 WU competition

Man of Honour
Originally posted by -<=[Tw18]=>-
what figures where these??
I used the league figures, adjusted them for reduced crunching over Christmas, adjusted them some more to add two JayDeee crunchers, and arrived at an output figure. I was about *****% out though.

** - was that an attempt to get me to reveal my calculations, or what?:) - suffice to say that I don't think my calculations were accurate enough to win.:(

Associate
Originally posted by Mark G
I used the league figures, adjusted them for reduced crunching over Christmas, adjusted them some more to add two JayDeee crunchers, and arrived at an output figure. I was about *****% out though.

** - was that an attempt to get me to reveal my calculations, or what?:) - suffice to say that I don't think my calculations were accurate enough to win.:(

all i wanted to know how much ya thought he was doing a day :p

Man of Honour
Originally posted by -<=[Tw18]=>-
blast blast blast man!!! just spit it out!! :mad:

i thought about 100, but i knew he was clean out for the last race. but i gave him the benefit of the doubt :p
My original guess was just over 80/day (League average was in the mid-70's). I now think the actual answer is nearer 90.

Associate
OP
Not grasping at straws are we M8. :)

My true production rate will become obvious in the near future, though I must admit that I am hoping to increase my production again in the next few weeks (I can't let carbon8ed get too complacent) :D :D

Associate
Originally posted by magman
Not grasping at straws are we M8. :)

My true production rate will become obvious in the near future, though I must admit that I am hoping to increase my production again in the next few weeks (I can't let carbon8ed get too complacent)

if only i could pull of the *sumg* thing that well :p :D

:rolleyes:

Soldato
Magman, you're crunching too fast! :D
Could you possibly just, ahem... switch off one or two of your crunchers for a day or two? (I won't tell anyone) ;)

/me hopes for another b0rkeley outage

Associate
OP
Originally posted by Augmented

/me hopes for another b0rkeley outage

I vote for a suspension of Augmented's spanky priviledges as he appears to have put a curse on Borkeley, the link is down again.

With a fair wind and a working Brokeley, we should see this comp coming to an end very soon :D

Soldato
Originally posted by magman
Hard luck Augmented, Berkeley now appears to be back up and running. :p

My total at 17:45 stood at 24980, so only another 20 to go.

Should be soon. :) :)

Oh.. that's not good. :eek:
Hmmm, something's not quite right here... I seem to have amassed a nice collection of lengths of fibre optic cable. Wonder where they came from?
AZZANGEL.gif

Associate
OP
Getting very close to the end now.

As at 20:15 my total is 24993.

Looks like it is down to a choice of two now, Widget and walsherz, and if I don't manage to crunch another 7 WU's by 20:41, walsherz has won it.

This all depends on Berkeley of course (and whether Augmented has his cable shears out again).

Time to wait and see. :D

Back
Top Bottom