Mahogany/Steel Computerdesk [SCRATCHBUILD] Dreamhack Summer Masters Winner

Associate
OP
Time for final assembly. Bit time consuming but fun :D

So everything went out and the wood got polished a final time with some carvarnish and canvas. Then the cable combs were predrilled and installed. Then taken out again :D

Sc6U66Ul.jpg

Then panels were put in and the cables thrown there.

7P20Q3nl.jpg

Bad picture but that small box keeps all the 230 volt. So we get cables for the screen, DAC and psu while using minimal space

hhH3s3ll.jpg

After a few hours of getting frustrated the combs were installed. This is a 2 man job:D one guy holding the comb while the other inserts 72 cables in order

h2I2vZAl.jpg

epFLreel.jpg

aX9pVJbl.jpg

Still got to watercut a comb or 2 for the 24pin atx and satapower so this is a bit of a mess still. Good enough to get running though.

StF1zd3l.jpg

Apologies for those expecting the newest coolest gpus etc. This is my old trusted 3930k-i7 and 2 gtx 980s. I trust this rig and there wasn't money to buy brand new stuff

SDlznMfl.jpg

JAEiaDpl.jpg

aX9pVJbl.jpg

o1tGAI1l.jpg

QcHU8kSl.jpg

86ujUYgl.jpg

Work continues but not that much longer left :D

Caporegime
This is outstanding!

I can't keep thinking how cool it'd be if that glass panel was motorized and then came up to be the monitor :D

Easily the best desk case I've ever seen.

Soldato
There's something about this I really don't like!

Oh yeah thats it, It's not mine.......Damn fine desk there matey.... Well Jealous. Stunning effort..Well done

Associate
OP
This is outstanding!

I can't keep thinking how cool it'd be if that glass panel was motorized and then came up to be the monitor :D

Easily the best desk case I've ever seen.
That's an idea I've been playing around with but I'd rather use something that makes no noise. I'll get around making that some day..

Associate
OP
Well small one but here goes:

The pipe strengtheners are done. Testmounted them already but you will see them again. Basically drew them up in CAD and watercut some 1365 hardened steel (10mm thick), This is the biggest one holding 3 pipes but there's about 16 parts total to this system.I tried to rock the pipes really hard but they didn't move so hopefully they will hold for transportation.

DRaLfnVl.jpg

Also the ODAC and usb hub is ready for use. And also the custom Headphone stand to match :D

h1qfdXhl.jpg

O1uN7zSl.jpg

Also here I was worried about strength so the plate (6mm) between the odac and the usb hub is welded to the frontplate which is 4 mm. Then bolted through with m5 screws hopefully this will survive daily use.

mWgfGFkl.jpg

Not to make marketing but I love these cans. Pure delight

R699tWal.jpg

Soldato
This desk is an absolute beast and i love the attention to detail and the amount of time you've put into it. Nice one. :) The saddest part is is that it will be finished at some point soon and we wont see anymore of it... :( :D

Associate
OP
This desk is an absolute beast and i love the attention to detail and the amount of time you've put into it. Nice one. :) The saddest part is is that it will be finished at some point soon and we wont see anymore of it... :( :D

That's where you are mistaken :D It will cycle through Dreamhack, Assembly and Habitare. Then the custom keyboard will be made, the lamp and the mic-stand :D

And theeeen at some point the desk 2.0 will start. (already being planned)

Soldato
That's where you are mistaken :D It will cycle through Dreamhack, Assembly and Habitare. Then the custom keyboard will be made, the lamp and the mic-stand :D

And theeeen at some point the desk 2.0 will start. (already being planned)

Excellent! I do love a good build log. Makes me think about needing to pick mine back up again... (I have a wooden lasercut case i'm working on in here somewhere. Very early stages though.)

Associate
OP
So I was invited to compete at the Dreamhack Masters modding competition. And some problems had to be solved so here's some pictures on how you move a pc that weighs well over 200kg when packaged

Truck coming

biwyhUjl.jpg

Sturdy package. about 500 screws glued waterproof and reinforced. Also coated in dampening materials on the inside

TFxyi6sl.jpg

Up she goes!

fVeoE9Wl.jpg

T9p2k2fl.jpg

By all accounts the lift was succesful, The build will be considered complete at the end of this month where I have some decent photos of it

fVeoE9Wl.jpg

zbtWJ3gl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom