Major Websites down due to cloud issue

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Yep Fastly reporting a fix has been applied:

Monitoring - The issue has been identified and a fix has been applied. Customers may experience increased origin load as global services return.
Jun 8, 10:57 UTC

They must have found the power cable that was pulled out that powers the internet.

Man of Honour
unconfirmed reports that a cleaner pulled out the wrong plug so they could plug their hoover in.
This reminds me of when I worked in the IT department for one of the banks. Back in the day (1980's/90's) we had IBM 4702's installed in branches as a local server with the terminals networked to it on Token Ring. We had to investigate why one branches overnight prints never worked. The 4702 logs seemed to indicate a reboot at the same time every evening, right when the printing would have happened.

It turned out the cleaner used that power plug every night to vaccume the floor :)

Associate
This reminds me of when I worked in the IT department for one of the banks. Back in the day (1980's/90's) we had IBM 4702's installed in branches as a local server with the terminals networked to it on Token Ring. We had to investigate why one branches overnight prints never worked. The 4702 logs seemed to indicate a reboot at the same time every evening, right when the printing would have happened.

It turned out the cleaner used that power plug every night to vaccume the floor :)

:D

Soldato
Places like Amazon haven't really "lost revenue" here. Anybody that wanted to buy something will just do so when the site comes back up again.
Realistically if you went to Amazon to buy something and found it was offline, who else are you going to do go to?
Products for sale on Amazon are almost always cheaper elsewhere but the vast majority of Amazon shoppers buy from them for convenience and delivery times.

Soldato
These cloud data storages need to be split across more internet locations to prevent this stuff happening more in the future.

This is showing malicious people what they need to do in future to cause havoc.

Caporegime
Places like Amazon haven't really "lost revenue" here. Anybody that wanted to buy something will just do so when the site comes back up again.
Realistically if you went to Amazon to buy something and found it was offline, who else are you going to do go to?
Products for sale on Amazon are almost always cheaper elsewhere but the vast majority of Amazon shoppers buy from them for convenience and delivery times.

I'd say about 50 percent of the time.
Often give stuff cheaper elsewhere

Back
Top Bottom