Mallory Park trackday.

Associate
I thought id start a thread for trackdays at Mallory this year as a lot of the BB peeps seem to be within suitable distance to attend :p.

Im currently thinking of going on the novice trackday for £89 on the 25/5/2012.
It'll be my second trackday so seems like a good choice. However im just wondering if anyone else is at the level to do the novice one as well?
(Not sure how strict they are about fast riders being there you see).

Sauce: http://www.focusedevents.com/event_info.asp?ID=2582

Either that one or im thinking of doing the Saturday, 26/5. Which is £105.

sauce: http://www.focusedevents.com/event_info.asp?ID=2572

Anyone interested in doing either?

Im swaying towards the novice mainly because of cost as I need new tires on the track bike. But if enough want to do the Saturday ill spend the extra.

Associate
I'd like to give Malory a go, I've never been there before but it would have to be the Saturday (they don't look kindly at slicks on a Novice only day :) ).

Associate
Same as above is it a novice only day? Never done Malory either but last time I went into a novice group at a track I didn't know I got told off very quickly...!

It was quite funny as I went to the new Snetterton 300 last summer and when booking I thought "Ohhh not ridden in a while and don't know the circuit, I'll go in the Inters and if needed I can normally move up to the fast group in the afternoon". Needless to say the organiser had massively overbooked the inters group. As I had filled out the form saying I had not gone to this circuit before they moved me down to the novice group, I asked to be put in the fast group but they wouldn't have any of it. After just 3 laps they pulled me in and asked what I was playing at and why I thought I should be in the novice group on a race bike with slicks. I promptly pointed out to them that they were the ones who decided I should go there even after I protested in the sign on office and asked them to move me to the fast group. :D

Soldato
Another one that would quite like to do Mallory at some point, I don't think I would want/could get away with being in the novice group though :p

Associate
OP
The 26th sounds good then?

I think ill be booking it permitting when my exams are.

Ill be going to Mallory on the 14th April, but the prices aren't up on the website for that yet.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Im looking at doing the 14th April (which has no prices yet).

And the 26th May (which is £105). Ill be booking the 26th one tonight.

Novice group.

edit:

Just booked Mallory on the 26/5/12 now.

Beginner group.
Hope to see if few of you there :p

Last edited:
Associate
Im booked in on the 26th as well :cool:

Thats a lot of things planned on the bike already this year, all I need now is some nice weather!

:D

Associate
Tempting, but it's a fair way from me so I probably won't.

Would like to do a track day this year though - I've not done one before and I think it will help me improve my riding and get a better idea of what my bike's limit is.

Associate
OP
Im booked in on the 26th as well :cool:

Thats a lot of things planned on the bike already this year, all I need now is some nice weather!

Awesome! Ill see you there then. What group?

Tempting, but it's a fair way from me so I probably won't.

Would like to do a track day this year though - I've not done one before and I think it will help me improve my riding and get a better idea of what my bike's limit is.

where are you located? Im going to try to do a track day away from mallory if I can get access to a van for a day.

Associate
True!

Only done 3 track days, 2 on the RF6 and one on the GSXR 1100, went to Mallory on the 600 so see how I get on with the bigger bike.

Looking forward to it already...

Back
Top Bottom