Mallory Park trackday.

Associate
Hmm, my GSXR has started to drink oil by the litre so not sure a rag around Mallory is going to do it any good at all, even if I get it rebuilt in time its not what id like to do to a fresh engine!

So looks like im out of this unfortunately, will most likely cancel my place for a voucher so I can book another one once im sorted!

Associate
OP
Hmm, my GSXR has started to drink oil by the litre so not sure a rag around Mallory is going to do it any good at all, even if I get it rebuilt in time its not what id like to do to a fresh engine!

So looks like im out of this unfortunately, will most likely cancel my place for a voucher so I can book another one once im sorted!

Bummer :( hope you get your bike sorted though and can arrange another one at a later date.

Shame its 2 hours away really. I like to fit some sticky stuff for trackdays. The journey would destroy em before I got there.

Ride to the track day then have sticky tires fitted? :p

Associate
Me and a work mate are booked in for the 25th May - £200 including bike hire is a steal!

Bit of a commute so i'm going to travel up and stay on the Thur night.

i just read that £200 for the day and the bike hire!

ive never done a track day but would absolutely love too. is this good for someone who hasnt at all? is it worth it for the fact that it could also improve riding on the roads?

if so £200 seems a great deal !!

Associate
Ill come down and watch you then!

Come say hello! My first track day so will welcome any advice :)

Me_Bke.jpg

scottomus0 - its my first one, my work mate has done a couple and linked me to it saying it was a great deal. I have been meaning to do one for ages but been really slack :/

Associate
Oh dear I just noticed something on the Focussed Events website saying that this is a 98db day which places it so far out of reach of my track bike its almost comical. As I have trouble getting in under 105db depending on recently I've re-packed the exhausts I may have to give this a miss.

Heck I'm not even sure the Bandit would make it in under that draconian noise limit with the road legal, baffled blue flame exhaust. :(

Edit: Where are people finding it for £200 including bike hire, comes out at £300+ on the FE site?

Associate
OP
Oh dear I just noticed something on the Focussed Events website saying that this is a 98db day which places it so far out of reach of my track bike its almost comical.
My track bike is pretty loud too, and it doesnt have the baffle in (because I lost it :o) when they asked me to noise test I had to just guess where 7k rpm was because my tacho is also broken. Got away with it though and didnt get stopped again for the whole day even going full chat down the straight.

Associate
My GSXR was 100.5 db at Bedford where the limit is 101db!
Got a baffle in now and is much quieter, goes better as well...

Had a look at mine last night, plugs are good, no obvious oil in the exhaust ports, all breathers free and clear. So ill see how it goes in the next month, I may just bring 5 litres of oil and keep topping it up during the day!

Got a spare set of barrels, brand new 1.5mm oversized pistons that take the comp ratio to 12:1 (from 11.2:1) and a flowed head so its no real biggy if I wear the current set out a little more.
Once that lot finds its way to the bike another track day shall be booked!

:D

Associate
OP
Just bumping this thread as its only 7 days until the track day !!!

Great if some people are coming to ride, if your local to the area would be great if you come down for a chill our, there will be free water and energy drinks at my van too! :)

Associate
I won't be attending this one sadly, my bike got to a point of using half it's oil in a 40 mile ride!

Everything is sorted for the rebuild, just got to strip it down and wait for the turbo bike to come back as the barrels I need are in those mock cases!

Hope the weather holds out for you anyway!

:D

Back
Top Bottom