Man flu

Soldato
Funnily enough - every year people in the UK seem to get even more infections (be it Flu, colds or Norovirus/tummy bugs) usually starting end of Nov - Mid Jan.

From what I can remember - there wasn't that many Viruses or Bacterial Infections around Christmas 15-20 years ago.

And strangely enough every time there's yet another batch of the UK population who are told they need a flu jab - or flu spray up their nose, based on some dodgy study - and then sent a threatening letter about how important it is mid Sept/Oct - the number of people sick around Christmas time goes up yet again due to their general populations weakened immune systems ;)

It's got even worse these last 2 years since they started needlessly spraying Fluenz up kids noses - almost every kid I know has been sick either slightly before, during or just after Xmas this year and last year - and the NHS must have the figures to prove it somewhere.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Funnily enough - every year people in the UK seem to get even more infections (be it Flu, colds or Norovirus/tummy bugs) usually starting end of Nov - Mid Jan.

From what I can remember - there wasn't that many Viruses or Bacterial Infections around Christmas 15-20 years ago.

And strangely enough every time there's yet another batch of the UK population who are told they need a flu jab - or flu spray up their nose, based on some dodgy study - and then sent a threatening letter about how important it is mid Sept/Oct - the number of people sick around Christmas time goes up yet again due to their general populations weakened immune systems ;)

It's got even worse these last 2 years since they started needlessly spraying Fluenz up kids noses - almost every kid I know has been sick either slightly before, during or just after Xmas this year and last year - and the NHS must have the figures to prove it somewhere.

Those rose-tinted glasses go really well with your tinfoil hat.

Soldato
Felt a bit rough Christmas day. Tired, aching and light headed. I was working, and by 11pm, I thought I was going to collapse. Finished work and was in bed by ten past. Since then I've barely been out of bed, and not eaten a meal since Christmas eve.

Missed out on 8 hours of double time overtime on boxing day, and I've had no real Christmas at all. Supposed to be at work tomorrow, but I think I'm still not really up for it. I still go light headed when I stand up.

Soldato
Day 6 of my disease is upon me. The days seem long and the night seem very drawn out and tiresome.

I daren't venture out into the wilderness due to the suffering and agony with my lower back, instead I sent out a young weary traveller friend out for me (my son) he went and scavaged the land for supplies for me in my quest for betterment. He climbed trees, swam rivers and cross a busy dense road and found a place called Morrison's. he had to battle with evil forces, mothers with babies, grannies with walking sticks and the ultimate foe, the self serve checkout!

Later than day he returned with an assortment of items, perfect to combat the effects of the disease that I have affectionately named Ebola.

Now I'm going to rest, hopefully I can make it through the morning.

/over and out for now

Last edited:
Soldato
If you were an eskimo you'd be outside the igloo freezing to death by now. I'm not saying you're slowing down the tribe, but you're slowing down the tribe. Bloody kids of today, not being able to identify when a frail and infirm family member has had it and needs to be killed and eaten for the good of the whole, wouldn't have happened in my day.

Man of Honour
I've had two of the worst colds ever in the last two weeks. Ever since my son was born, the amount of colds I've had has gone from maybe 1-2 a year to what feels like a million a year.

This current one is particularly brutal, I can't sleep at all as my nose and mouth feel so itchy all the time that I'm tossing and turning the whole time. I got up in the end last night as I got so worked up.

My nose isn't even running that much, just constant sneezing.

ARGH!!!!!!!!

Soldato
First day up and about since late boxing day.. back still feels like someone is stabbing needles in it and can't venture too far from the loo! but glad I am over the worst of it..

Soldato
I've had two of the worst colds ever in the last two weeks. Ever since my son was born, the amount of colds I've had has gone from maybe 1-2 a year to what feels like a million a year.

This current one is particularly brutal, I can't sleep at all as my nose and mouth feel so itchy all the time that I'm tossing and turning the whole time. I got up in the end last night as I got so worked up.

My nose isn't even running that much, just constant sneezing.

ARGH!!!!!!!!

Glad I am not the only one! Ever since my daughter was born 2 years ago I have been out of action more times than I can count!

I lasted till Monday, and haven't moved since. I don't think I have had this high a fever in my entire life!

I have called in my parents to help, whilst I just sit in bed.

I have tried everything to boost my immune system, the one time I stop having my nutri bullets I fall ill.:(

Thank god for Amazon prime and now TV!

Back
Top Bottom