Maniac on Netflix

Permabanned
Watched two episodes and kind of lost interest, might watch more if I'm really bored.

The characters are just not interesting at all, Emma Stone is wasted in this.

Associate
Watched 2 episodes and just have zero idea what is going on. Well.... I know they are part of some drug experiment thing. All the other story and side stuff is just not interesting at all.

I don’t get why it’s futuristic yet based on technology etc from early 80s. Are they just doing the whole ‘80s’ retro vibe because stranger things pulled it off so well?

I’m a big fan of Jonah hill and Emma stone but I’m struggling with this. They are both so unlikeable, especially Emma.

Soldato
Finished it and enjoyed it for the most part, really enjoyed how they made tech from the 80's but had a modern usage to it, can see why some people say it reminds them of Legion due to some episodes being all over.

Glad it was a limited series and the Director has stated they have no intention of making a season 2 as it doesn't require it.

Soldato
I don’t get why it’s futuristic yet based on technology etc from early 80s. Are they just doing the whole ‘80s’ retro vibe because stranger things pulled it off so well?

Glad you said this as it’s one thing that annoys me. I love the 80’s but setting it futuristic doesn’t work for me. The whole show seems very cheaply made and boring.

Hopefully the show gets canned.

Back
Top Bottom