Maniac on Netflix

Man of Honour
6 episodes in and I'm kind of indecisive if I like this or not.. It has a great concept but not sure if it's been executed correctly. It reminds me of an extension to the 80's retro film "Electric Dreams".

Soldato
I don’t get why it’s futuristic yet based on technology etc from early 80s. Are they just doing the whole ‘80s’ retro vibe because stranger things pulled it off so well?

Probably not, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind did the same thing and this clearly borrow some inspiration from that and will appeal to the same sort of people. It gives it a totally different feel than being just another futuristic sci-fi show with shiny robot CGI, of which there are plenty on Netflix already.

Associate
please tell me someone else noticed the cigarette continuity error when Carl and Dr. Fujita discover Dr. Muramoto dead at his desk? ( Episode 3 )

Fujita is NOT smoking when she enters Muramoto's office but when she is standing behind his desk she has a cigarette stuck to her bottom lip, then the next time we see her face, NO CIGARETTE! Considering smoking is such a big part of her character's foibles this is a pretty bad error!

Back
Top Bottom