• I have no tastebuds/no opinion

Votes: 27 10.7%
  • I hate it

Votes: 98 38.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
It isn't a highly concentrated flavour in a black tar form though.
Marmite and bovril are very similar and often interchangeable. Recipes using one or the other can usually be switched for the other directly.

Thy both have quite different tastes though, the only real similarities are the colour/texture, and the fact that they have the same shaped jar.

Man of Honour
Thy both have quite different tastes though, the only real similarities are the colour/texture, and the fact that they have the same shaped jar.

But they are interchangeable, they might have different tastes but their make up is very similar. It's not many things you can interchange so abundantly, without altering other aspects.

And even though the flavours different they have similar charley CS in other parts of taste. They are both flavour enhancers for example.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
The point I was making was that it's silly directly comparing them when talking about what people 'like', because they taste different. They aren't mutually exclusive, it's possible to like one, the other or both.

Man of Honour
Thats the case, but they can still be directly compared, because they are so interchangeable.
You can either on toast, or either as flavourings for crips, or in recipes.

Associate
I like Marmite, but why have Marmite when I *love* Bovril. I cant spread that stuff thick enough on my toast tbh.

Im going to have either/or on my toast, then Marmite isnt an option for me when Bovril is about. If I find myself in a veggie house for breakfast, then marmite is a suitable alternative, but I secretly hanker for the meaty goodness of Bovril. mmmm.

Associate
1. Do you love it or hate it? Love it.

2. Do you class yourself as a Northerner, Midlander or Southerner? Southerner.

3. At what age (approx) did you first try it? God knows. I'd assume I was a toddler, though.

4. Why do you like/dislike it? Nothing tastes better on toast than Marmite.

Soldato
1. Love it
2. Just about a southerner (MK is the south)
3. 2 or 3, always had a good taste for it
4. It just tastes good.

Met so many people from Ireland north or south who never ate it as kids and ALL make the same disgusted face and scream "IT TASTES LIKE BITTER, WHY WOULD YOU EAT THIS"

Soldato
1. Do you love it or hate it? Love it.

2. Do you class yourself as a Northerner, Midlander or Southerner? Really northern :p.

3. At what age (approx) did you first try it? No idea, so long ago I can't remember.

4. Why do you like/dislike it? That pungent umami flavour, yum!

Soldato
1.Hate it

2. Southener

3. Mum fed it to me as a little un and apparently I retched.

4. It tastes like a pair of mouldy old shoes.

Back
Top Bottom