Marvel Phase 4

Soldato
48% critics score 81% user on RT lol

What a bunch of woman and gay haters the Critics are.

Or is this Russian bots?

They've pulled a Captain Marvel and stopped the user score updating after a load of bots and shills gave it 10/10. There's been loads of reviews, lots of bad ones, also many high ones that are just nonsense, but the user score hasn't shifted in a couple of days despite all the activity.

Soldato
That would effect their earnings. They would rather attack fans of the so called franchises which have kept them alive for decades.

Thats the weird thing, by adding one dimensional "objects" (defined solely by a single XYZ thing) rather than adding fully fleshed out well written believable characters who are also XYZ, they're seemingly happy to risk losing a large amount of paying customers (20-30%) who don't like these poorly written "objects" over a desire to gain an absolutely tiny number(<5%) of new paying customers in the absolute best case scenario.

When you look at what people consider to be "good characters" it's very rare that the reason they are considered "good" is because of a single XYZ definition i.e. sex, gender, age, skin colour etc but instead it's because they're well written, fully fledged characters where the XYZ is incidental. However it seems that people are now expected to think that a character is "good" solely because of that one XYZ issue and god forbid you don't agree!!!

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Surprised that it's reviewed so poorly but everyone I know that's seen it really enjoyed it. Hope to see it on Tuesday.

Ignore the reviews and go into it with no expectations. Seen a lot of hate coming into this movie so was fearing the worse. I enjoyed it much more than I expected. Definitely not the worst origin story nor is it the worst marvel movie, far from it imo. Stick around there are 2 post credit scenes. Let us know your thoughts after mate.

----------------------------------------

Don't click unless you seen it but I thought

They did a much better job of what should have happen if Superman and Flash had a fight. Certainly much better than what we seen in JL. Synder cut included.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Forum posters: Don't trust critics, they have agendas.

Also forum posters: Except these critics on YouTube who monetize their videos and get more views for negativity than positivity.

Soldato
People always like an echo chamber :D

I really like Critical Drinker even though he doesn't like one of my favourite films (Fifth Element) as we generally seem to agree on most films, so why wouldn't I want to hear his opinion on a film, seen as we match so closely on other films.

He's also extremely positive when he thinks a film is actually good, Dune for example, so maybe his negativity is just due to there being soooooo many poor quality films out nowadays.

Soldato
I've really enjoyed most of p1-p3, things started to full for me going into p4, but I have an open mind and am willing to give them all a chance.

I have only watched FatwS on D+, I didn't see Loki and Wanda Vision as appealing but am hoping to give them both a whirl this weekend, and plan to see eternals on a Monday.

I have never felt a peak as such as I don't really think they made a bad movie in the first 23, and my favourites lay at some of the originals. I loved Cap1 and Dr strange, however I am really disappointed that they are going ahead with cap4, especially after FatwS. I feel like the cap story had kinda led it's course at the cinema.

Soldato
I stumbled across pitch meetings when they covered Halloween Kills a few weeks back, i'm now going through older ones, they are spot on. As Shami said not reviews and they're for people who've already seen the movie imo.

Soldato
Just home from seeing Eternals and it feels like there is a lot to digest but it's really a big push to take p4 to the cosmic/celestial/space phase.

I felt about underwhelmed with some of the movie but all in all it felt like a stepping stone to the next big thing.

Gotta say I was disappointed with the casting of Eros albeit his little cameo was not badly performed.

Caporegime
I saw it tonight too, thought the critics were pretty harsh on it. I really enjoyed it.

Don't know much about Harry Styles but I thought the scene was good so I'm willing to give him a chance.

Back
Top Bottom