Masters Golf 2019

Soldato
Back when all his **** went down I had him labelled as an ultra douche who would then slope off into anonymity and enjoy his wealth... Fair play to the guy he has dug deep, recovered from a lot of stuff and proved his love of the game and come back and won again when it would have been easier for him to disappear.

Huge respect for him and glad he won, I just hope he keeps that little bit of humbleness he has had the last few years and doesn't revert back to the arrogant SOB he was pre his world getting tuned upside down, dare I say he is even a little likeable with that humble side showing.

Permabanned
Haha so glad and happy that he won, greatest player to play golf for me.

Absolutely over the moon that he won after all his injury problems. Damn at one point I didn’t think he would ever play golf again.

What an awesome way to silence his haters ;).

No hate here, just a sensible recognition that the "man" is a POS.

Soldato
I always believed he could do it again but perhaps I thought it probably wouldn't happen for him

Prior to this week I fancied a strong finish from him and was tempted to put a bet on him for the win

If he was ever going to win another major I think Augusta was the place where it would happen since it's all about the short game there which suits him just fine

It really does feel like a dream come true, so happy for him

Associate
Like many people my "relationship" with Tiger is difficult. On the one hand I recognize his true greatness as a player. On the other I'm fully aware of what a total *bag, ***hole he was to everyone that had contact with him. Especially his wife, the mother of his children.

I'm from Fort Worth, Texas. Home to both Ben Hogan and Byron Nelson. I know people that knew them both. Ben was as big an ***hole as Tiger - though he never did his wife the way Tiger did, and Byron was, by all accounts, a good and great man. Does either opinion add or detract from their accomplishments today? I'd have to say no. Their standing in the golf world is defined by their accomplishments on the course.

I firmly believe that everyone is entitled to a second chance. And by all accounts Tiger is a changed man.

That said, I can appreciate the amazing come back story and be happy for Tiger while still being a little reticent about the whole thing.

P.S.

WTF was Molinari thinking on 12?! Take an extra club, take two... heck take a 3 wood, but don't come up short and wet when you're up by two on the back nine of the Masters!

Caporegime
In my opinion Tiger's wife was far from innocent and there should be a thick line between professional behaviours and private life. If the man wants to be a ****, let him within the bounds of the law. I wouldn't want people to tell me how to behave just because I was paid lots to wack a golf ball. **** off and mind your own business would be my stance.

Permabanned
Which has **** all to do with his golfing. I couldn’t give a flying hoot what he does outside of golf. In fact it shouldn’t matter to anyone but himself and his family.
What matters is what he does on the golf course as that is what he is paid to do.

I agree to an extent. I mean, I like certain music artists that have done some questionable stuff but I still like their music, yet there are a few artists that have went too far and so their music careers are tainted for me.

Tiger simply went too far with the bad stuff for me. For the record:

1. He's a Trump supporter (or at least a coward regarding Trump, i.e. scared to alienate Trump supporters).
2. Got caught for a DUI (fortunately nobody was hurt) and got a slap on the wrist.
3. Cheated on his wife with multiple women whilst maintaining a facade of being a great family man for years.
4. Disrespected fans many times (considering that, I think it's safe to say he isn't merely scared to alienate Trump supporters, rather he IS a Trump supporter to some extent).
5. Several people close to him said he's the biggest douche they've ever met.

If it was only, say, 5 or/and 4, I'd still be a fan of his golfing. Even if it was 2 or 3, I'd still be a fan of his golfing. But all of them = **** him.

Last edited:
Soldato
I agree to an extent. I mean, I like certain music artists that have done some questionable stuff but I still like their music, yet there are a few artists that have went too far and so their music careers are tainted for me.

Tiger simply went too far with the bad stuff for me. For the record:

1. He's a Trump supporter (or at least a coward regarding Trump, i.e. scared to alienate Trump supporters).
2. Got caught for a DUI (fortunately nobody was hurt) and got a slap on the wrist.
3. Cheated on his wife with multiple women whilst maintaining a facade of being a great family man for years.
4. Disrespected fans many times (considering that, I think it's safe to say he isn't merely scared to alienate Trump supporters, rather he IS a Trump supporter to some extent).
5. Several people close to him said he's the biggest douche they've ever met.

If it was only, say, 5 or/and 4, I'd still be a fan of his golfing. Even if it was 2 or 3, I'd still be a fan of his golfing. But all of them = **** him.

1. He was brought up as an Army brat who therefore supports the office of the POTUS. Many golfers have played rounds with Trump including Jack.
2. DUI where the influence was the painkillers he'd been prescribed plus some cannabis. Reprehensible but not the same as being drunk at the wheel.
3. Apparently many of the PGA golfers are chased by groupies at events. Many do what many youngish men would do in such a situation, married or not.
4. Didn't do the whole autograph thing, now does.
5. Several other people close to him say he's a great guy, many of the other golfers seem to think he's a great guy.

Personally I don't see him as the "greatest" because that has to still be JN but I think he's the "best" golfer in that his physical skill and mental toughness is unmatched.

Permabanned
1. He was brought up as an Army brat who therefore supports the office of the POTUS. Many golfers have played rounds with Trump including Jack.
2. DUI where the influence was the painkillers he'd been prescribed plus some cannabis. Reprehensible but not the same as being drunk at the wheel.
3. Apparently many of the PGA golfers are chased by groupies at events. Many do what many youngish men would do in such a situation, married or not.
4. Didn't do the whole autograph thing, now does.
5. Several other people close to him say he's a great guy, many of the other golfers seem to think he's a great guy.

Personally I don't see him as the "greatest" because that has to still be JN but I think he's the "best" golfer in that his physical skill and mental toughness is unmatched.

1. That's sort of even worse, as he's an indoctrinated drone. Wouldn't surprise me if he believes the "WMD" story for Iraq, and that the US invades countries purely to "spread 'freedom'".
2. Reprehensible, yes. And again, he got just a slap on the wrist which wouldn't have happened to many other people.
3. Oh, please :rolleyes:. A single "slip up" would be one thing, but it was several women over years, and again: he kept up a huge sham with his wife and kids for years.
4. There are plenty of sportsmen/celebrities that fully and gracefully handle their social status.
5. From what I've gathered, it's yes-people, and he doesn't hang out with fellow golfers much outside of tournaments/events.

Back
Top Bottom