Mates BMW M3 stolen

Associate
My mate's BMW M3 was stolen Wednesday night/ Thursday morning from the Castle Bromwich area of Birmingham, if you could keep an eye out for it that would be awesome. Any info or details regarding the below car, feel free to contact me via trust.

2013 BMW M3 Frozen Silver Edition (one of only 100 in the Country I believe)
40k Miles
Reg: WR13 NZY

UvhAfX2.jpg
rx8geRZ.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yep, broke into his house and took the keys. No one in the house heard a thing, which is a good thing really as they left a large metal bar on the dining room table.

Last edited:
Associate
Yep, broke into his house and took the keys. No one in the house heard a thing, which is a good thing really as they left a large metal bar on the dining room table.

Police recommend leaving car keys out on display these days, imagine if they came looking for it with that metal bar! :eek:

Soldato
Police recommend leaving car keys out on display these days, imagine if they came looking for it with that metal bar! :eek:
Reminds me of an epic thread on PH a few months back after a member had his Golf R stolen.
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=1629890
It's worth reading as an awesome argument ensued on either leaving your keys out like a weakling or defending your staircase in the event of an armed gang bursting up the stairs to get the keys :D with one guy claiming he would stand at the top fighting them off!

Soldato
I have my keys next to the bed. If they want them, they can walk up the [very] creaky, dark staircase and be stabbed at the top :D

Soldato
I know, that's what I've told him. Doesn't make it any easier though :(

Back to Invoice GAP insurance does though.

Gutted for him though

It'll be in a container at Bootle ( Other docks are available)docks waiting to go to Cyprus or similar.

Soldato
I have my keys next to the bed. If they want them, they can walk up the [very] creaky, dark staircase and be stabbed at the top :D

Bugger that, if someone wants my car (not that they would) and they can find out which house it belongs to (it isn't immediately obvious) and then get in, I'd rather they just took the keys from the side table in the lounge, and preferably without wrecking the rest of the house in the process. I don't want my girlfriend to be scared for her life.

Usually high value cars are stolen from peoples' houses by multiple violent, experienced criminals than by the sort of coked-up vagrant type who might entertain a bit of casual B&E and who would be easier to fight off.

Soldato
Bugger that, if someone wants my car (not that they would) and they can find out which house it belongs to (it isn't immediately obvious) and then get in, I'd rather they just took the keys from the side table in the lounge, and preferably without wrecking the rest of the house in the process. I don't want my girlfriend to be scared for her life.
You need to read that PH thread I linked earlier Howard and learn how to dominate the staircase Like some of the powerfully built executives on there do :p:D
No real man leaves his keys downstairs to just be taken by anyone :p
In all seriousness even if I could afford the likes of an M3 or RS Audi, Golf R etc I don't think i would ever be able to relax owning one due to how much they are targeted by serious gangs. It's just not worth it

Soldato
You need to read that PH thread I linked earlier Howard and learn how to dominate the staircase Like some of the powerfully built executives on there do :p:D
No real man leaves his keys downstairs to just be taken by anyone :p

I did, it was quite amusing! But it's an interesting thread nonetheless and the more level-headed folk did raise some sensible counterpoints.

I'm not sure I'd let the potential for theft put me off from owning a particular car. Ultimately, theft is an act which is never going to go away as long as anything has any monetary value in this world, and anything could be stolen by the right person if it's not nailed down. That's what insurance is for.

Caporegime
Put on a Stoplock/disklock and you won't have your car stolen. Simple as that really. The amount of effort and noise which would be required to remove one of those would be too much for them to bother, or risk it.

Soldato
Put on a Stoplock/disklock and you won't have your car stolen.

Highly likely to deter many people, sure, but the more organised gangs will simply demand the keys from the occupants of the house the car is being stolen from. Or drag it onto a low loader and worry about it later.

Back
Top Bottom