Maths at A-level

Associate
OP
If you enjoy maths, you will find the A-level relatively easy.

If you don't really enjoy maths that much, you will find it requires a lot of work.

Luckily, I enjoy maths.

Also, as others have said, do the further maths A-level as well. Makes the standard A-level a lot easier, and is crucial for getting into a good Uni for Maths. Studying the STEP papers is also a very good idea.

Yeah I forgot to mention that, I love maths, not when it's complicated but I always keep trying. It's by far my favourite lesson.

Soldato
Aren't you doing a maths degree Shayper? I wouldn't even contemplate it now. I'm doing further maths and realizing that even though it's pretty hard, it's nothing compared to second year further maths and then degree maths.

Associate
Aren't you doing a maths degree Shayper? I wouldn't even contemplate it now. I'm doing further maths and realizing that even though it's pretty hard, it's nothing compared to second year further maths and then degree maths.

In first year degree mathematics they do a lot of building your knowledge back up from the ground up because most A Level teaching is pants.

Soldato
In first year degree mathematics they do a lot of building your knowledge back up from the ground up because most A Level teaching is pants.

No they don't :confused: I was given assessed worksheets before the start of term to make sure everyone was at least on the further maths standard, everything I learnt in first year maths was new.

Associate
No they don't :confused: I was given assessed worksheets before the start of term to make sure everyone was at least on the further maths standard, everything I learnt in first year maths was new.

Well in the first term, I did a lot of going over A Level material but in a much more rigorous way. For instance, in A Level you're taught about integration, but you never go into why it works until the first term of a maths degree when you do a rigorous definition of the Riemann integral.

Back
Top Bottom