***Max Payne 3***

Caporegime
OP
I'm also near the end, the explosions shaking the screen are more than annoying, then to top it off one of those dudes with the machine gun and the body armour shows up. Of course I have almost no ammo and no painkillers, old skool gaming at it's best and most frustrating. :p

Soldato
The thing that makes me rage is that the game is so cheap in some places. There are quite a few places where I bad guy just appears out of nowhere and shoots you. Or you're put in a room with a few waves of bad guys. The most annoying thing for me is when you think you've killed them all but there's some guy camping in a corner that you don't know about and he just pops up and kills you :mad:

Yup sometimes it's just a matter of repeating until you learn where they're popping up from.

Also when they get insta-headshoots from 30meters with a 9mm just as you stick you head round a corner makes me want to launch the pad.

Some bits are simple whereas others are impossible. Up to Chapter 10 now so not long hopefully. Bad guys in body-armour too, ahh! Why doesn't max pick up some of that super armour, first thing I'd do haha!

Caporegime
OP
Pretty much like an english man walking into a scottish pub :p

:D

In places the single player is very much trial and error, or so it seems. There've been a few occasions where I've died 5 or 6 times only to find a hidden room or piece of cover which I missed every other time though, so maybe it's just me.

Haven't even touched the MP yet. Still trying to finish the final chapter. :mad:

Soldato
Aaaargh! This game is broken is some ways.
I'm on the last level and got quite far into it and died. The game then restarted me without a weapon in my hand and I couldn't select a weapn either. Got killed and it did it again. Decided to restart the checkpoint myself to see it worked. Guess what? It didn't! So i've had to start the entire level again :mad:

Caporegime
OP
Aaaargh! This game is broken is some ways.
I'm on the last level and got quite far into it and died. The game then restarted me without a weapon in my hand and I couldn't select a weapn either. Got killed and it did it again. Decided to restart the checkpoint myself to see it worked. Guess what? It didn't! So i've had to start the entire level again :mad:

Sucks to be you! :(

I only found out yesterday that you can toggle the attachments on a weapon, that you can roll in any direction by double tapping A/X and that you have a melee attack! :o

Caporegime
OP
Just completed this. Such a good game. Now to give the mp a go :)

I completed it yesterday evening, I'm going to tidy up some of the single player trophies before I move onto the multiplayer though. I wish there were more unlockable skins, it'd be awesome if you could play the whole game using the character model from the flashbacks.

Man of Honour
Completed the game at the weekend.

I had quite a few rage moments, while the game is pretty simple and easy in parts, it really, really gets annoying when you're out of painkillers and just die easily - even playing on normal.

I can't imagine the patience you'd need to do the New York Minute Hardcore achievement (that's New York Minute in a single playthrough without getting killed - if you get killed you restart at Chapter 1!)

I just can't get used to the controls in multiplayer free aim, it's just too sensitive to me. I nearly gave up then tried the soft lock lobbies and I'm hooked! So much more fun (even though it feels a bit cheaty)

Soldato
Trying to use a scoped weapon in this game annoys me. Why does it change the controls to just one stick? Which means you end up moving and aiming at the same time and so end up out of cover :mad: I actually avoid using scoped weapons for this reason.

Caporegime
OP
I only remember using a scoped weapon on three occasions, the first was in the football stadium, the second was in the Favela when I picked up a random scoped rifle and the third was near the top of the derelict hotel. Can't even remember seeing any other scoped guns in the game.

jpm

jpm

Associate
I just can't get used to the controls in multiplayer free aim, it's just too sensitive to me. I nearly gave up then tried the soft lock lobbies and I'm hooked! So much more fun (even though it feels a bit cheaty)

I couldn't get used to the free aim in multiplayer either so did what you done a tried the soft lock, I find multiplayer more relaxing than the single player. I was raging near enough all the time lol

Soldato
Finally got this finished. After my initial hatred I quite enjoyed it. Although it made me proper rage on quite a few occasions. I don't think it deserved all the hype though. The story was good but gameplay was repetitive.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Bought this today and played through a bit of the single player, it's ace! Probably the best looking game I've played also, the production is so slick. The looks and detail apparent in the game engine bode well for GTA V.

Back
Top Bottom